FOR LEOs ONLY

Black Sleeper

Established Member
I live in norther Nj and I want to buy a hand gun. I am 26 years old never been in trouble besides a speeding ticket. what are the steps I need to take in order to get one? My mothers Bf is a US marshal in Newark Nj. He said I need to go to the town PD and ask for a permit to purchase a hand gun. i guess I just fill out the paper work and submit it and wait for the responce. My real question I gess is The head officer or captin of my towns PD feels that no person besides LE should have firearms, and Hes probaly diong his job just makes it harder to get get aproved? Can he just decline my application at his will, or will my application have to be submited to a person other than his/her self? Thanks for your help Keep the US safe!!!!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
If you are simply looking for a permit to purchase, it shouldnt be a problem. Since you have to be fingerprinted and run through NCIC, I would suggest requesting two three part purchase forms in case you wish to buy more than one. This is not a CCW.

jimljr145

Jimljr145
Established Member
You need to go to the police department in the town you reside in. You'll need a Firearms Purchaser Permit form, and a handgun permit form. They will explain the procedure to you there as far as what you need to bring back as far as any fees or documentation they may require. You get fingerprinted, a criminal history and warrant check done as stated above (Detectives poke around a bit too). So long as you are eligible, I don't see how the Captain can deny it.

Users who are viewing this thread