For Sale 1991 Mustang Coupe 2004 Terminator Engine T56 Magnum six speed

kjp

Established Member
I have a 1991 Mustang Coupe with a 2004 Cobra Engine and T56 Magnum six speed for sale.

This is a 1991 Mustang Fox Body Coupe that has been tastefully modified and meticulously engineered
to be fitted with a 2004 DOC Cobra Engine and T56 Magnum 6 Speed. Car has over 100,000 miles and the engine now has 35,000 miles. At 15,000 miles this engine was disassembled by the prior owner and equiped with new rings, bearings, gaskets and 4 Crower blower cams. As far as I can tell the Cams are stage 3 cams. The engine made 504 Rear Wheel HP at 6420 RPM with 479 ft/lb torque at 4300 RPM. This is pretty high RPM for a supercharged cobra motor and with it running 10-13 inches of vacuum at idle it points to the stage 3 cams. The Eaton Supercharger was ported by someone. I do not know who did it. I installed an acufab monoblade TB and air inlet manifold..

The car has been lowered and the suspension has been built and tuned to be strong, handle and stop! It
works great as a daily driver but runs and handles at a much higher level. It wasn’t built to be a race car
but has tremendous potential as a drag car or road race car.

The following components are featured in the build:

2004 Cobra Engine
Brand new T56 Magnum six speed with 2.97 low gear and .5 6th gear.

OEM engine harness computer harness, and power distribution harness. Mating connectors
from the Cobra and a Fox Body with fabricated cables to connect the engine harness without
cutting up either the harness or the 1991 Mustang. Necessary wiring was utilized from the power
distribution harness.

2004 Cobra Computer
SCT Tuner with Dyno Tune by Delk performance.
Made 504 RWHP on Premium Unleaded on a hot day this summer.
SCT Air Meter
Maximum Motorsports K-Member (built for Mod-Motor and Hellion Turbo)
Maximum Motorsports Tubular Control Arms
2004 Cobra Spindles and Brakes with braided brake lines
Maximum Motorsports manual brake conversion
Maximum Motorsports proportioning valve delete with manual proportioning valve
Bilstein Struts with 250lb Coil-Overs
Steeda Caster/Camber plates
Power steering with Maximum Motorsports solid steering shaft
Full Length Maximum Motorsports Frame Connectors
Steeda Aluminum Rear Lower Control Arms
UPR Rear Upper Control Arms
H&R Rear Springs (spring rate matched to front springs per maximum motorsports)
8.8 Rear End with 3.73 Gear and 28 spline Axles
Cobra Rear Brakes with Brackets to narrow to Fox Body width
9 inch wide 2004 Mach-1 wheels in back, original 8 inch Mach-1 wheels in front
Tires (275x40x17 in back, 245x45x17 in front)
2.5 inch tail pipes and 2.5 inch exhaust with 2.5 inch high flow converters (does pass Tennessee Emissions)
New Optima Battery
Air Conditioning works great.
Grey LX Sport Interior with stock radio
New paint (2 years ago) Recently had quarter windows restored and most of car repainted for better color match. Door jams and trunk jams re painted. Repainted all but the doors,Front Fenders and Front bumper cover. I am a perfectionist and did this so it would look better.

I ran the Car at the NMRA Finals in Bowling Green KY in True Street. I did run 11.38 at 122.9 MPH and the car has more in it with suspension tuning and driving technique on a cooler day. It was hot and humid.

Price $16,000.00

I can send more pictures.

Last edited:

kjp

Established Member
I just installed the tunnel extension for a manual trans. This car originally had an automatic transmission and the T-56 six speed was hitting the tunnel. I am putting in new carpet today.

Last edited:

Jfoster

Established Member
Curious what you needed to do to the tunnel? I installed a magnum T56 in my 93 coupe w/coyote swap and it didn't need to be modified (originally AOD car).

kjp

Established Member
Tunnel Extension

I cut a larger hole in the transmission tunnel like the factory 5 Speed cars and added this tunnel extension. The transmission no longer touches the floor so the vibration that induced is now gone. Also notice the perfect shifter boot.

If you look in the upper left of the picture you can see my fix for the Seat stud pulling out of the floor. The floor should never break there again. That fix has been there for about a year without any problem.

Last edited:

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Wanna trade for a built 04 turbo/auto cobra with a blown head gasket? Pm me for details if interested

kjp

Established Member
To AmMscl I doubt that the car will pass California emissions. It would need the EGR and EVAP system installed. In Tennessee it only needs to pass the tail pipe emissions. Someone had removed the EGR. I dint run the EVAP system.

When you are cleared for PM you can PM me for more information.

Users who are viewing this thread