For Sale: CCW Classics 18" with Tires 03-04 Cobra offset

Status
Not open for further replies.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
I have not got any reply since I sent the PM a coupe days ago.

PM? Don't you have his phone number? I'm sure you didn't send someone $3000 and don't have his phone number? Also, if you paid via paypal you can dispute the sell.

redfire03 svt

Established Member
I am not disputing the sale. All pm's were promptly replied to up until I sent the last one stating the known problems, that one was ignored. From the looks of the boxing, it looks like they are a performance shop of sorts and his ebay rating to 100% with over 1000 items sold.

I would not say it is shady, these things can be corrected.

Last edited:

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
Okay, first off.

1. Craig you not only have my own personal email but also multiple phone numbers for me including the one here at the shop. Why would you just have not called me instead of relying PURELY on a PM that I didn't see until now?

2. The wheel centers were marked by the paint shop that painted them as LF. RF, RR & LR. If they went together incorrectly I apologize. I only followed what they had put on the rear of the wheel centers. They looked correct to me once assembled. Again, I never had them on my car, EVER.

3. As far as nails or otherwise? When I got the wheels and tires, the treads were full of small pea gravel from the sellers driveway. Since I never installed them on a car, I never looked at every single inch of tread to see what was a rock or otherwise.

4. You DO NOT have to remove the tires to remove the wheel centers. You simply air them down and unbolt them with a simple 12 point socket and two ratchets.

5. How would this cost you anything but maybe a little time? If a mistake was made I apologize. I still feel like they were put together correctly but I could be wrong here.

6. You never bothered to place a phone call? Instead you start some sort of half assed assault on my name and character for selling? That's lazy. All you had to do was pick up the phone or email me. You KNOW I sold my car and am not on here much after that and receiving a deposit for my other items. Frankly, I had no reason to. but then I do a random checkup and see this BS? I'm a good person and a good seller. If you need to talk about ANYTHING regarding the wheels, simply give me a call or drop me an email.
Pretty simple actually.

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
Okay, first off.

1. Craig you not only have my own personal email but also multiple phone numbers for me including the one here at the shop. Why would you just have not called me instead of relying PURELY on a PM that I didn't see until now?

2. The wheel centers were marked by the paint shop that painted them as LF. RF, RR & LR. If they went together incorrectly I apologize. I only followed what they had put on the rear of the wheel centers. They looked correct to me once assembled. Again, I never had them on my car, EVER.

3. As far as nails or otherwise? When I got the wheels and tires, the treads were full of small pea gravel from the sellers driveway. Since I never installed them on a car, I never looked at every single inch of tread to see what was a rock or otherwise.

4. You DO NOT have to remove the tires to remove the wheel centers. You simply air them down and unbolt them with a simple 12 point socket and two ratchets.

5. How would this cost you anything but maybe a little time? If a mistake was made I apologize. I still feel like they were put together correctly but I could be wrong here.

6. You never bothered to place a phone call? Instead you start some sort of half assed assault on my name and character for selling? That's lazy. All you had to do was pick up the phone or email me. You KNOW I sold my car and am not on here much after that and receiving a deposit for my other items. Frankly, I had no reason to. but then I do a random checkup and see this BS? I'm a good person and a good seller. If you need to talk about ANYTHING regarding the wheels, simply give me a call or drop me an email.
Pretty simple actually.

I would have thought he would have called you after spending that much $ on this setup.
Seems like the seller was unaware of the issue at hand. I'm sure this will be taken care of. Also hope the buyer has this thread hard deleted by an admin to wipe it off the deck.

redfire03 svt

Established Member
Jimmy-

This was not a half assed assault, but as mentioned, the only number I have was from the box with the center caps, and that got trashed after I pulled the centers out and tried to mount the wheels.

I did not have any other phone numbers or means of contact other than pm or on the thread. I tried pm first, and after seeing you login and out several times after I sent the pm, I decided to go to the thread.

I was told by CCW and a local high end wheel shop that 3 piece rims have to have the tires dismounted if you plan to have the faces switched out. That is the correct way to do it, as you have to reseal the lip and barrel to prevent leaks. I saw the marking behind the faces and indeed the front wheel had a LR face on it and vica versa. The two rear wheels I mounted on the car were way off, one protruded out as if it had a 3/4 spacer.

I realize that was an honest mistake there, and the other two tires with nails in them, well they will have to be taken off and repaired. So in the end, it will cost money to get this straightened out.

ATFPat

Established Member
Like the seller said, you don't have to dismount them. When I purchased new centers, I took the valves out of the valve stems, let them air out and unbolted them. Put the new centers on and bolted them right up. BTW when I called CCW, they told me what to torque them back to. I forget how many ft. lbs. it was though but I would just give them a call. There great to deal with on the phone. Once their torqued up, air them back up and go!

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
You paid me by paypal which means you have ALL of my contact info at your fingertips. I took three seconds and have your address and home phone number from paypal's site.

Not to mention my paypal payment address is......wait for it.....that's right! My personal emaill address!

It costs nothing for you to use a 12 point socket to diss-assemble them just like I assembled them. They DO NOT have to be completely taken apart, barrels and all to pull the centers out. Only aired down. We have done it many times. The barrels on the wheel I sent you were already siliconed which you will see if you take them apart. If you air them down there's no pressure on the halves to pull them apart. Then you simply re-assemble the faces back into the wheel shells. VOILA ! No cost to you. There's also no need to remove a tire to patch a nail hole when a better method is a tire plug kit available at any parts store.

redfire03 svt

Established Member
Sounds good, thanks for the tips and I will take care of it. I will leave this transaction feedback as is, and sorry for any mis-communication.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
There's also no need to remove a tire to patch a nail hole when a better method is a tire plug kit available at any parts store.

I pray no one takes the statement above and runs with it. There's no way I'd take a plug over a patch on any tire ESPECIALLY not a high performance tire/car!

Glad you all got this squared away and hopefully the buyer learned a lesson in communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread