-------------------------For Sale or Trade: '02 Twin Turbo 2v 5.0 Stroker GT

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
This is a feeler as I am not sure what I want to do here. This is a high quality car, high quality build that was done right…but I am losing interest.

I bought this car in July. It was my intention to pick up a turnkey car capable of running low 10’s to high 9’s without drama. I also wanted to try something different, as I always played with Windsors. So, I decided to try a Modular. After I picked up this car I immediately began to have it remotely re-tuned by Adam Marrer from Pops Racing. However, shortly through the retune, what was clearly an already hurt head gasket gave up the ghost. This car had previously made 640 RWHP on a tune by Houston Performance, which was merely a re-worked SCT Strategy tune for a S/C application. On Adam’s tune we were making closer to 700 according to the logs. Problem was, I had a voltage issue due to a bum alternator. The voltage tanked on a tuning pass, we had a lean spike and the HG popped. Before I knew the HG popped, I replaced the alternator with a $500 Denso unit pushing 18 amps and that issue was solved.

Car is at my friends shop right now. I ran a compression test, it had 150 psi across the board. I thought perhaps the intake gasket was leaking, since it was only pushing coolant on one side, so I pulled the intake. The gaskets were fine. I ran a leak down test and the motor is nice and tight, it had no more than 5-6% in all cylinders, except the #4 which showed 10%. I saw coolant bubbling in the rear coolant passage, and it was clear the HG was blown back there. So, that is where it sits. Intake is off, HG confirmed to be bad. We were supposed to get the motor pulled and do both HGs, but life and a Hurricane have slowed things down. So, the car is sitting right now.

This car has way too much to list. You can read about the entire build, with full details and many pictures here:
Just another Twin Turbo 2V build...

Car is a black on black ’02 GT.

The highlights are:

--2v stroker motor with Livernois stroker crank, forged JE Pistons with 8.8 compression, Manley forged rods. Stroked to 5 liters. Billet oil pump gears and trigger wheel. Canton 8 quart pan, windage tray.

--Ported PI heads, billet turbo cams. Custom sheet metal valve covers. Billet catch can system.

--Ported Victor Junior intake. Intake has a 6061.com elbow and a 90mm TB. Slot style MAF.

--Dual GT Supercar fuel pumps, dual fuel delivery modules and KB boost a pump. All braided fuel line.

--Turbo kit is all custom built and based around a pair of 57mm ported and polished turbos. Right now, it is pushing 15 psi. All tubing has been Jet Hot coated and wrapped. 3 inch downpipes. Top of the line TurboSmart Eboost controller. All braided hoses for oil lines and Russel fittings.

--Rebuilt 3650, Billet aluminum Fidanza Flywheel, new RAM HD clutch, PRO 5.0 shifter. Rebuilt 28 spline rear with 3.73s.

--Tubular K member with tubular A-Arms, coil overs and 70/30s. Weight jacker rear control arms, quad shocks. Welded in sub-frame connectors. Rear mount battery, billet tray. Optima battery.

--6 point cage, welded in and epoxy painted to match. Race seats and 5 point harnesses. Seats are on factory rails and can slide. Custom rear seat delete.

--Boost gauge, digital RPM and shift light, wideband o2. I have two widebands, the hard mounted AM, and an NGK I was using for more reliable tuning.

--Car has FR500 wheels, the fronts are custom narrowed with new Nitto 185-18 tires. The rears have Nitto 315-18 Extreme DRs that are new.

--Paint is in excellent condition. The car presents well and could easily be shown, and has been with success. Custom Mach-1 hood with filled in Shaker.

I also have the following parts for the car:

--Full 4r70w swap with a PA street/strip trans, PA 9.5 inch billet converter, cross member, SFI flex plate, shifter, wiring harness and auto computer.

--New 31 spline axles, Eaton TrueTrac 31 spline diff, all bearings, 3.27 FMS gears and rear girdle.

I was going to convert the car to auto and do the rear as a 31 spline with 3.27s. I would prefer everything go with the car, instead of selling the parts separately. This car needs an auto for sure.

I am sure I am missing stuff, so please see the build above. Here are some pics of the engine:

Twins1.jpg

Twins2.jpg

Here are videos of the car. Walk around, drive away and some driving inside:

750 HP Twin Turbo Mustang Walkaround - YouTube
750 HP Twin Turbo Stroker Mustang Driveaway - YouTube
Twin Turbo Mustang GT with 4.6 2v stroker custom cams at idle - YouTube
750 HP Twin Turbo Mustang In-Car - YouTube

I really don’t know how to price this. I know what I have in it, and I know that it will need wrenching to get back to being straight. If interested, contact me and we can discuss it, I am flexible but in no way desperate to move the car. I will also trade this car and all the parts for something that is reliable, can be driven to the track (I have no truck or trailer, very important!) and runs low 10’s to high 9’s.

I do not want projects. I don’t have the time, or the patience. I just want to drive, race and enjoy the car and keep it running when needed. I still would like a forced induction car very much, although I would not overlook an N/A car that can get it done. Car is right outside of New Orleans and I am more than happy to show it to you, or go take pictures/videos of it.

Please PM me if interested, or you can e-mail me at [email protected]. I can give you my phone number if you want to discuss it.

Mike

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread