For Sale Quarterhorse/Binary Editor/Cobra strategy + FREE laptop Read more at: http:

KingKiller

Established Member
If you're looking to get into tuning your own Cobra you've come to the right place. I'm selling my Moate's Quarterhorse, Binary Editor license, and custom ($200) Cobra FBGI0 strategy from Adam @ Pop's Racing. If you aren't familiar with the Quarterhorse/Binary Editor combo, it allows you to tune and datalog in realtime. To sweeten the deal and make the sale a no-brainer I'm going to throw in my IBM Lenovo Thinkpad T61 laptop with all of the software already installed, FREE. The computer has 2GB of RAM and a Intel Duo 2GHZ processor, plenty for tuning and datalogging. The Thinkpad is a tough laptop, great for automotive purposes.

Value: Quarterhorse: $249
Binary Editor License: $100
Custom FBGI0 Strategy: $195
Total: $544

I'm throwing in a laptop with all of the software already installed ready to go FREE, AND I'll knock $44 off the price. That's right, $500 SHIPPED to your door, the complete Quarterhorse/Binary Editor setup ready to tune your Cobra.

For more info on Quarterhorse, Binary Editor, and the custom strategy, go here: https://www.moates.net/ford-19862004-c-63.html

Any questions just ask!

Thank you!

xtreme_exploder

Established Member
Have you used this to tune an 03 Cobra? I've never heard of anyone using this on a terminator, and I'm worried this won't work as well as something proven like SCT PRP. All I can find is about how great it works on EEC-IV cars.

ShadowDrake

Established Member
Have you used this to tune an 03 Cobra? I've never heard of anyone using this on a terminator, and I'm worried this won't work as well as something proven like SCT PRP. All I can find is about how great it works on EEC-IV cars.

I'm using one on mine, works fine. There was issues a couple of years ago but POPS Racing has good definition files available now.

It's also worth saying I probably have spent more by now than I would have going with an SCT solution. I've had to buy Binary Editor three times and a definition file recently again. All adds up really fast.

KingKiller

Established Member

Yup, I've tuned my own 04 Cobra with it. Before this I had the SCT PRP. SCT works, but I HATED their datalogging and HATED how I had to turn the car off and on and it would take several minutes to update the tune in the car whereas with this you can flash a tune in 15 seconds with the car running, it's a lot faster. The key is the definition file from POPS racing, like Shadow mentions below. That was an extra $200.

I'm using one on mine, works fine. There was issues a couple of years ago but POPS Racing has good definition files available now.

It's also worth saying I probably have spent more by now than I would have going with an SCT solution. I've had to buy Binary Editor three times and a definition file recently again. All adds up really fast.

Yea, when I made the switch I didn't realize I would need the extra definition file for $200, so that sucked at first. That's why I figure for $500 it's a damn good deal for Binary Editor ($100), the quarterhorse hardware ($250) , the strategy ($200), AND a laptop ($175)

Users who are viewing this thread