? for Spree, other detail gurus...

Martinrulz

Established Member
OK I detailed my car completly on thursday with some SSR1, vanilla moose hand glaze, then the VM for the wax. Anyhow, I don't have a PC or buffer of any kind so when I go to buff off the wax with my microfiber towels it leaves those white flakes in spots. Why am I getting those irritating flakes and should I just get a PC? Do you get flakes with your PC?

Jettsaleen281

UT at Austin
Established Member
white flakes meaning some residue left over from the wax or what? usually if u use a PC, the layer of wax and such is really thin, so it's easy to take off and there usually aren't any white stuff left over.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
it might be your mf cloth. I bought cheap ones a year ago and they left behind white fibers, micro marring. Im guessing that might be the problem. Or you are buffing off to hard.

spree

Established Member
i've never seen what you've described, so I'm not sure what you're talking about quite honestly. What stage did the white flakes appear in? After the SSR? VM? CMW?

Martinrulz

Established Member
Ya the white flakes were left over from the wax as I was buffing it off with the microfiber towels. I highly they are caused by the towels as I bought them from the sites Spree got his from. Maybe I'm using too much wax and am getting all the excess flakes. Cause this only happens it a couple of areas, not all over the car. So i just rebuff it and it comes off.

Users who are viewing this thread