For the oversized people - Recaro's

Ferrcad

Established Member
I'm 6'-2", 350lb and I drove a 2012 with Recaros and loved it. The only place I noticed they were tight were at my thighs (the high spot on the seat bottom side bolsters is hard and sharp), especially if you like to 'spread out' a bit;-). However, in my standard driving position, my legs came up above those bolsters (because of the bend in my knee) enough that they weren't obtrusive. BTW, the Recaro seatbacks not only look great, but they are supremely supportive and comfortable, even for me. Getting in and out of the car does take more care in order to avoid the hard bolsters. For my money, the Recaros and electronics pack are the only 'must have' features on the new Shelby.

With that being said, you never miss what you haven't had... Meaning, if you cannot try any Recaros personally, just order the stock seats. The stock seats aren't bad at all, and there is no risk that way. Once you drive your car about 10 miles, you won't even think about the seats anymore, anyway!

Just found another local dealer who has a Black 2013 GT500 with Recaro seats going to head over there tomorrow night to set how they feel. Hopefully they feel fine and this problem will be eliminated so I can get into the order cue... Looking at a 14 Vert with SVT, Recaro and Nav... I'll keep you all posted including ordering price... Thanks again for the input:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Ferrcad

Established Member
Hey guys quick update... First if anyone is interested in a fully loaded including the track pack 2013 GT500 Coupe Black with Red Stripes around the Pittsburgh area please let me know. Second, my ass fit perfectly in the Recaro's so now just need to nail down the price and get this thing orderded... I'm so glad I could find this GT500 for seat comparision... Once again thanks for everyones input...

Derek5774

Established Member
I was told that the recaros can be uncomfortable to large people
I didn't get the recaro seats because I wanted power seat

zr1gerhardt

You can't outrun ugly!
Established Member
I have the base sport seats and love them. I am 6'2" and 225, so I fit in the recaros, but they just seem as hard as bricks and could never get comfortable.

Scott

Last edited:

daytripper

Established Member
my stock seats are very comfortable. Very adjustable, including power lumbar support.
I also think they look great. Mine are black with white stripes that set them off.

Users who are viewing this thread