For those of you on Facebook

HIVOLTG

Go SKERS!
Established Member
A certain incident that involved "street racing" has rekindled an awareness for needing a drag strip in our county

Drag Racers Say Track Is Needed, No Plans Of Stopping
Watch the video too. Andy is a good friend of mine, as is Mike (who was not on the video, but was the other ticketed driver)

Now, this is not to condone street racing, but rather to give us an outlet to which we can enjoy our hobby legally. For those of you who aren't aware, a gentleman by the name of Greg Sanford was willing to foot the entire bill to have a dragstrip put in a small town just outside of lincoln. He had the land bought and everything. Only needed approval to have a motorsports complex built specifically. After a few hearings (one of which our own local forum flooded with members to show for support), ultimately it was shot down. Not only do I and many of my fellow peers/gearheads disagree with this decision, but we will not give up on trying.

We created this facebook group to help raise awareness again that there is tons of support to have a dragstrip built. I understand that none of you will probably be local or effect you in any way, but I'm sure some of you SVTP'ers can understand our plea for something that many of us find necessary to have. There are a lot of benefits to having this drag strip built, one of the biggest being money pumped into our city/county/state.

Lancaster County Needs a Dragstrip! | Facebook

Feel free to voice your opinions or stories!

99cobra302

Established Member
i agree with what you guys are doing. there are several drag strips around me, but all of them are 2+ hours from where i am. i wish there was one much closer.

HIVOLTG

Go SKERS!
Established Member
We have an 1/8 mile track that is about an hour and a half from us in Iowa, but other than than that the closest 1/4 mile tracks are 3+ hours away and only open for a couple hours on grudge nights... One is KCIR which is usually busy and can hardly get runs in and the other is Kearney Raceway park which boasts a less than stellar strip

ZZZZAP

Striking twice
Established Member
I'm lucky to have Richmond and VMP within a reasonable driving distance from me. Good luck with the track, we had a few attempts at getting one more local a few years back but nothing came of it.

bones srt-4

yep,still a neon.
Established Member
i am lucky , our local dragstrip is mokan dragway. it is only 20 min. from my house.
some rich blowhard bought some land near it and tried to get it shut down because it was too loud. he was wanting to build a hunting reserve. after a long court battle the rich guy was told by the judge that mokan has been there since the 60's and since he knew it was there when he bought the land that he was going to side with the dragstrip.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I agree with the need for a strip in your area, especially if someone is already willing to build one at his expense.

Although, I cannot imagine someone stating on TV that they will continue to break the law is helping the cause.

JasonSnake

Established Member
a dragstrip ain't gonna stop most of the street racing. There are just too many stupid kids and some adults out there who really don't care but to street race just to get a little adrenaline rush.

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
Pretty sure breaking the law is the dumbest idea to get something done.

Noise, and the county commission being a bunch of jackasses($25k to have a study that I litterally could have done, to see if it was worth building) in augusta was the reason we didn't get a new one.

20stang02

Established Member
Good luck, but I doubt you're going to get a track to be honest. We've been going through this the last 5-6 years in Long Island, and it finally got axed by our jackoff county legislator who knows NOTHING about motorsports. Top Gun Enterprise had plans all done up for a drag strip, like a legit NHRA sanctioned track. Was in a desolate area out East right off the Long Island Expressway. It was well thought out and proposed, and looked like we were getting a drag strip until it came time for approval. It got voted down by the county, the bunch of ****ing hippie environmentalist faggots that are in office destroyed it...we tried rallys with thousands of cars, got into the news, formed a separate forum to organize meets and protests, and nothing got done. There was even guys from the local newspaper down at the street races one night taking pictures that were on the cover the next morning:fm::fm::fm::fm::fm:

02trgt

Established Member
i hear ya, luckily for me i have a dragstrip within 25 minutes from home. if i had the money or political influence and i lived nearby id have a dragstrip built up in no time. sure people are going to still street race, but its a lot safer doing it on the track, and less costly than it could be while on the street...

HIVOLTG

Go SKERS!
Established Member
Good luck, but I doubt you're going to get a track to be honest. We've been going through this the last 5-6 years in Long Island, and it finally got axed by our jackoff county legislator who knows NOTHING about motorsports. Top Gun Enterprise had plans all done up for a drag strip, like a legit NHRA sanctioned track. Was in a desolate area out East right off the Long Island Expressway. It was well thought out and proposed, and looked like we were getting a drag strip until it came time for approval. It got voted down by the county, the bunch of ****ing hippie environmentalist faggots that are in office destroyed it...we tried rallys with thousands of cars, got into the news, formed a separate forum to organize meets and protests, and nothing got done. There was even guys from the local newspaper down at the street races one night taking pictures that were on the cover the next morning:fm::fm::fm::fm::fm:

this sounds like the same way we are trying to protest it...

we realize this is a long shot... but heck, might as well give it our all.

Users who are viewing this thread