For those of you with hood blanket removed...

Established Member
When driving in the rain do you close the vents?? Will I be o.k. when the rainy season hits?? Thanks. By the way I've already tried the search button and couldn't find anything on this subject.

03DSG

I have the hoot blanket off but have not been in the rain yet. I think there were some people here that said that there was no problems even in the rain, and then there were some that used velcro to close them when it did rain.

Established Member
That's what I was afraid of is water going into the coil packs. But if most of you guys are fine well then let's see what happens. Thanks guys.

BlackMachWon

WTF?
Established Member
I've had the blanket off for about 2 months and I removed the vents entirely. Daily driven, been driven in hard rain, etc., no issues whatsoever.

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
Originally posted by BlackMachWon
I've had the blanket off for about 2 months and I removed the vents entirely. Daily driven, been driven in hard rain, etc., no issues whatsoever.

Yep,

Same here. It rains just about everyday here in Florida during the summer. I took the flaps on the vents off completely. If you are moving the water will not enter the engine compartment due to the moving car. If you are stationary the water falls between the radiator and motor which is no big deal. I can see and feel the heat leaving the vents on the hood.

lucafu1

Established Member
i drive mine everyday, and its parked outside. rains here alot, i hate it. but no problems, pulled the plugs yesterday and i can see where the cover seals over the coil packs. make sure there tight and you shouldnt have any worries. btw i also run a open filter w/o a shield.

Billy Pilgram

Removing the hood blanket and opening the vents was the first thing I did when I bought the car 1-1/2 years ago. Never have had a problem at all. Of course we don't get much rain here in Seattle, it only rains once here - Jan 1 till Dec 31!

Users who are viewing this thread