For those old Pushrod SBF lovers (Fox Content)

zachs96

Established Member
Couple videos of the my Fox with shorty open headers after a transmission swap.

[video=youtube;Szjf6n_5h04]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szjf6n_5h04[/video]

[video=youtube;lhVQcd-btlw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhVQcd-btlw[/video]

Badass_Forever

Established Member
canada eh! what computer are you running? hows low rpm drive ability? i went aem with all my mods but im having a very hard time tuning it. its really starting to wear me out.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
...except for a BBF

OP your fox is nasty, sounds amazing. I'd drive that thing around with open headers, or straight pipes atleast. My pushrod 5.0 sounded aweseome with shorties, off-road H and straight dumps

DD + open header = engine damage

zachs96

Established Member
canada eh! what computer are you running? hows low rpm drive ability? i went aem with all my mods but im having a very hard time tuning it. its really starting to wear me out.

i personally haven't touched the CPU so i don't know but on cold starts the idle pluses sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. its really a 50/50 so i haven't looked into it, i would like a tune though. Drivability is fine in low RPMs except for 1st and 2nd but i calk that up to having 410's it will bog bad. I plan on a getting it tuned at Dasilva racing in Toronto next year they specialize in it. maybe youll have to find a local tuner.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
No I haven't, id suspect 350ish range give or take it runs well and feels strong. I don't want to claim anything until I get the real results next year.

350 crank hp ? it wont make that to the wheels unless your revving the piss out of it or big ported heads bigger cam and high compression. I have a 10 to 1 compression 306 in my with ported trickflow heads and intake with a decent size comp cam and it makes 360rwhp but on a race tune. a e cam typhoon intake setup is prob a 270-320rwhp setup depending your compression etc.

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
350 crank hp ? it wont make that to the wheels unless your revving the piss out of it or big ported heads bigger cam and high compression. I have a 10 to 1 compression 306 in my with ported trickflow heads and intake with a decent size comp cam and it makes 360rwhp but on a race tune. a e cam typhoon intake setup is prob a 270-320rwhp setup depending your compression etc.

nice car. looks good

agreed. my 302 TW heads, custom cam, victor intake, LT's made 326. takes a lot of rpm and compression to get more

Mike

zachs96

Established Member

Am i being to optimistic for 350 crank?

Heres what i got in to the engine.

306, e303, deck planned (highcompression), flat top pistons, MSD, electric fan,
roller lifters, balance rods/pushrods, balanced and polished crank, iridium plugs, Taylor wires,
75mm throttle body, AFR 165cc/60cc, aluminum upper and lower intake typhoon, under-drive pullies, 30lbs injectors,
mac equal shorties, BBK cold air, BBK-X, high volume oil pump,

but like i said you never know till you get it on the dyno for true numbers. im hopeful for somewhere around 350 crank but maybe not now. guess its better to have my hopes crushed now than when i see the numbers. so you guys think something like 270-320 rwhp area.

Badass_Forever

Established Member
Am i being to optimistic for 350 crank?

Heres what i got in to the engine.

306, e303, deck planned (highcompression), flat top pistons, MSD, electric fan,
roller lifters, balance rods/pushrods, balanced and polished crank, iridium plugs, Taylor wires,
75mm throttle body, AFR 165cc/60cc, aluminum upper and lower intake typhoon, under-drive pullies, 30lbs injectors,
mac equal shorties, BBK cold air, BBK-X, high volume oil pump,

but like i said you never know till you get it on the dyno for true numbers. im hopeful for somewhere around 350 crank but maybe not now. guess its better to have my hopes crushed now than when i see the numbers. so you guys think something like 270-320 rwhp area.

[video=youtube;8ZD0amBo9o4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZD0amBo9o4[/video]
you're setup is better then mine and i make 315whp and 350whtq

Users who are viewing this thread