For those running Nitto 555r 305-18-40

vmaxbaby

Established Member
So I ordered a new set of rims instead of a TVS...TVS next year Anyhow want to get new rubber on the new rims. Was looking at the Nitto 555R 305-40-18. Those tires are 27.72 inches tall and factory tires are 27.0 tall. So my question is anyone running these tires do you have pictures of the tires side by side maybe before you installed them? Or pictures of the car (side view) now that they are installed to see what they look like? I don't think .72 is that much of a difference but would like to see them before I have them put on.

Any if you are running them what is your take on those tires...

Thanks in advance guys for your help.

AlCaPwn

Established Member
Nitto wants a 10" wide wheel for this tire, but I may just slap some on my factory 9.5s soon anyway and if I do I will send you a pic. Do you have any gears in there yet though? You will definately want 3.73s with an increase in tire height like that.

CompO_Eric

Arch Enemy of the Prius
Established Member
I ordered the 305/45R18s from Lethal Performance.... They'll fit a 9.5" rim. There was a guy that had a 07 Vista Blue / Tungsten stripe on here with those cheater slicks... I know, they're not the 40's you asked for... but to give you an idea?

vmaxbaby

Established Member
Ordered new rims from True Forge and they are 11 wide so no issue with the fit just wanted to see how much taller they looked.

Users who are viewing this thread