For those that know Svt_Ky (Cliff)

Crazy1

Established Member
For all the people that have met, raced or known this awesome guy, I just wanted to give you an update. He was diagnosed with small cell carcenoma a few months back (the worse cancer there is) and has been fighting thr good fight, as of last week he has opted out of treatment, and is at home with his family and friends on Hospice care.

Please keep him in your thoughts, and hope with me that his finally time with us will be a pleasant one with an opprotunity to take christine(his beloved lightning) out for another good time!

Love you Cliff!

Brandon

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Oh, wow. I've never met the man, but knew he had to be special since he was a member of the 1% club. Hope all goes well for him!

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Cliff and his Farm Truck. I don't know what to say.
I first met him at an SVTOA On Track back in '04 or '05. What a great guy.
I guess I'll give him one more point by.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Shit, thanks for the update Brandon. I'll have to make sure and give him a call soon, it's been a month or two since I've talked to him.

cobra-boss

Established Member
Bummer... I knew he was sick but...this sucks big. I took a ride in the farm truck at Gingerman back in 02-03 and he was my instructor. F/U cancer!!

Thoughts and prayers

XSIVHP

SVT FrEaK
Established Member
Thanks for posting this up Brandon! I just registered on Corner Carvers to let the guys/gals over there know whats up and to keep him in their prayers.

BlackBolt- Not trying to be negative here, but he was just placed in the hospital today, and calling him is going to be of no use. He barely remembers the color of his truck. :(

I feel the best thing we can do for him and his family now is to wish him a pain-free journey to the other side.

Brian

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
BlackBolt- Not trying to be negative here, but he was just placed in the hospital today, and calling him is going to be of no use. He barely remembers the color of his truck. :(

I feel the best thing we can do for him and his family now is to wish him a pain-free journey to the other side.

Brian

Damn it, thanks for letting me know. I may still call his phone and see if Cindy answers. This sucks, but from the last talk I had with him, I'm not surprised.:(

EDIT: If you want I can update his post on C-C.com as I'm already a member there.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I just went to look over at SVTOA's forums, and can't find anything about this over there.
SVTOA seemed to be such a big part of Cliff's life, he joined there in 2002, one month after me. He even posted the Tech Help sticky in the Lightning forum.
I guess I'll post something up over there, unless I'm missing it somewhere.

{edit} Brandon, I hope its OK if I paraphrase you, since that pretty much says it all. I put it in the On Track forum over there.

Last edited:

XSIVHP

SVT FrEaK
Established Member
Black Bolt- That would be great! I appreciate it!

Cassidy- Thanks, I used to be a member over there, Cliff was always on there and a large part of SVTOA as an road course instructor. I emailed the webmaster earlier today.

Brian

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I found this on my computer, from 2005. Some of you may have seen it, or not. This was SVTOA's second On Track at Summit Point, and the first on the brand new Shenandoah Circuit.
Cliff eh,...makes note that it's not quite done yet.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaworti30Ys"]YouTube- Cliffs Farm Truck.wmv[/ame]

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I've got one on my work computer I've had for like 5 years. I watch it every other month or so just because he has so much fun and passes cars in a GD FARM TRUCK!

XSIVHP

SVT FrEaK
Established Member
LOL. I have several, just not the one above. Cliff is my neighbor so he'd always burn a copy of his race weekends for me to watch. :burnout:

tomsgarage

Established Member
First met Cliff at an SVTOA event at VIR running the Patriot Course, tried to follow him into Turn 1 and brake when he did, HOLY CRAP Batman!!! Ran with him a couple of other times at CMP and Nashville. It always brought a smile to my face when I entered the track and saw that Farm Truck there!!!!!

Cliff, you are in our prayers!

David Hester

Established Member
Met Cliff at SVTOA event at Nashville Speedway a few years back.
Great guy and amazing fast for a Farm Truck. Was catching and passing several cars that weekend. :eek:
Prayers for him and family.

Crazy1

Established Member
As Brian said, he is doing pretty poor right now, and is no longer doing in-home hospice, and has been moved to the hospital as of yesturday. I have soo many fond memories of the Cliffster, please share your pictures and videos.

Brandon

XSIVHP

SVT FrEaK
Established Member
As of this morning, Cliff is not expected to make it through the day. Doctors stated he will most likely succumb to this within a few hours, possibly making it into the late day, but probably not.

Please keep Cliff in your prayers for a pain-free and speedy departure.

Users who are viewing this thread