For those that run LT headers.....

radaman

Established Member
I did a search for some under car pics of them on lowered cars (stock height as well), but none showed. Can someone post some please as Im adding ARH LTs to my Mach soon and wondered how low/high they tuck up under the car. Thanks.

RunninRed

I'm Your Huckleberry
Established Member
Only decent pic I have where you can see my headers. Kook's longtubes and off rd. X They tuck pretty nicely. :beer:

mmplaunch.jpg

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
It definitely depends on the brand of LT's you get. I had MAC's and they hung down pretty low. The collectors themselves barely ever hit anything because they are just behind the front tires, but it made my mid-pipe hang down pretty low and that constantly hit shit. I think that was my only big complaint about my car that the exhaust was just too low to the ground. I was constantly bending the flanges and losing the nuts that go on the studs, even with jam nuts and loctite.

pattoncars

Established Member
My car is really low and I have BBK LT on mine. I really dont have any Clarence issues with them at all. Which I dont take the cobra over speed bumps or anything like that either.

bubbrubb

I think that the ARH tucks pretty well up into the car so you don't lose much/any clearance. I saw a picture of it on a red cobra yesterday, no idea where though.. Try terminator talk --> exhaust

radaman

Established Member
I think that the ARH tucks pretty well up into the car so you don't lose much/any clearance. I saw a picture of it on a red cobra yesterday, no idea where though.. Try terminator talk --> exhaust

I tried looking at the cobra/mach 1 forums, nothing.

RunninRed

I'm Your Huckleberry
Established Member
American Racing and Kooks are very similar. My car is pretty low and I dont have any problems...you should be fine.

l_dd7f9c9767ec4b2ea1a72542cc4a1ed7.jpg

Chuckler3

Zombie Survivalist
Established Member
i'll go take a pic of my car.. my bbk long tubes give me roughly 3 inches under car after it was lowered.. before it was probably 4.5-5"... gimme 30 minutes..

if they didn't sound so good, and weren't such a pain to get off i would probably swap them out for some equal lengths...

mustangmike01

Established Member
I have the Mac LT's and off H and I have an air ride. The mufflers are lower then the LT's, there 3" off the ground and I do not have a problem.
I'll take a picture if you want.

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member
I have the Mac LT's and off H and I have an air ride. The mufflers are lower then the LT's, there 3" off the ground and I do not have a problem.
I'll take a picture if you want.

lol wait your headers r 3" off the ground??? how much lower r those mufflers? lol

coolguy10786

Established Member
I'm running the ARH 1 3/4s and they tuck up VERY nicely! You should have nothing to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread