For those with the Shelby Dash Plaque

cbrmuscle

Established Member
Hey guys, I just recieved my plaque and door sills. I have a quick question about the sills. Anyone have any advice for removing the original sills? I'm assuming they're held down by double sided tape as well. I was going to try using a blow dryer to heat the crap out of them but I thought I would get other suggestions first.

FiaCobra

Established Member
Do that in conjunction with some monofilament fishing line. Use the fishing line to "saw" through the 3M double sided tape.

cbrmuscle

Established Member
Alright, I used the fishing line to move the Shelby letters on the rear of the car. I guess I'll just scrape away the old adhesive.

zex-srt10

Established Member
Scrape is a bad work to use, Use lighter fluid or gue gone. After awhile you can just rub it off.

Blaine

Established Member
Hey guys, I just recieved my plaque and door sills. I have a quick question about the sills. Anyone have any advice for removing the original sills? I'm assuming they're held down by double sided tape as well. I was going to try using a blow dryer to heat the crap out of them but I thought I would get other suggestions first.

Gonna be tough. Mine didn't make it. The orginal ones are VERY VERY flimsy and cheap. Like removing Tin Foil.

Users who are viewing this thread