forced induction choice for street/road course car

po-po 5.0

Established Member
I'm planning my next build, and trying to decide which type of forced induction to go with. The car will primarily be a street car with occasionally closed course use. Which type of forced induction gives the most tractable power in a road racing situation? My gut leads me to believe that a centrifugal blower would be ideal as the power builds gradually making it easy to pore on the power coming out of turns, but I figured I'd ask the people who might have more experience with this.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
For your application my recommendation was going to be a centri blower as well. You’ll always be keeping the revs real high, so the power will be right there instantly…and will gradually step in more until redline. Also those blowers aren’t as bad with heat soak and netting super high IAT2’s like a pd blower is.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Air to air will win out because of less heat soak. But really either or will work. It all depends on the power you are looking at. Griggs uses both A/A and A/W. I personally am using A/W because it's what i have and it works. So why change something that works lol.

Users who are viewing this thread