forced induction sparkplugs 5.0

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
what are you guys running for spark plugs on your forced induction pushrod 5.0s? i have a 1994 cobra and i am in need of some colder plugs. any help with part #s or anything is appreciated!

mtrsprt

Established Member
Stock heads...... Autolite 24's

Aluminum heads...Autolite 3924's

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
all these plugs you guys are mentioning will fit the cobra's stock gt40 heads right? tried to get colder plugs at autozone and pepboys but they weren't much help. where else could i get any of these plugs listed?

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
great :banana: also, i need to put a good 500 easy miles on it before i head to the dyno so i can break in the clutch. my buddy is good with tuning and he is going to make it driveable just so i can atleast break in the clutch. during that time period i will be driving very easy. so do you guys think leaving the stock plugs in and just regapping them to .30" while im breaking in will hurt anything? then when i get to the dyno just swap in the new plugs so they are nice and fresh? like i said i wont be doing anymore than maybe 1/4 throttle until the clutch is broken in and the car gets a good tune.

car is going to be running 8psi of boost and the motor is stock

Last edited:

Reef5.0

Gonna need more of that!!
Established Member
I cant remember if the plug is different from a gt40 to a gt40p head. I use Autolight 103 in my gt40p heads gapped at .32" with 15psi on a vortech. Thats a 94 gt stock bottom end with those heads on it.

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
I cant remember if the plug is different from a gt40 to a gt40p head. I use Autolight 103 in my gt40p heads gapped at .32" with 15psi on a vortech. Thats a 94 gt stock bottom end with those heads on it.

not sure if they are different either :shrug: i am going to run the stockers gapped smaller for now while i go easy breaking things in. i will call the tuner up and just have him order the plugs. that way when i go to get it tuned he will have them and i can just swap them in there. and BTW your dyno #s seem very low for 15psi :??:

Reef5.0

Gonna need more of that!!
Established Member
BTW your dyno #s seem very low for 15psi :??:[/QUOTE]

Coservative tune for now so it could be driven... Glad you said that because my tuner just asked me to email him to go back adn i forgot to email back!!! :beer:

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
BTW your dyno #s seem very low for 15psi :??:

Coservative tune for now so it could be driven... Glad you said that because my tuner just asked me to email him to go back adn i forgot to email back!!! :beer:[/QUOTE]

:lol: no problem. im hoping to make about the same on about 8psi. we'll see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread