Ford axes the Ford GT & Adrenalin

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
That sucks - two of the nicest cars being halted. I thought the Lincoln LS and the Ford GT were good sellers?

Cancelling the Adrenaline sucks too - I kind of figured that would be the future car for me when the family begins to grow and all - but I guess not anymore.

Not sure I buy this:
Ford said the upcoming Shelby GT500, an ultra-high-performance version of the Mustang, will fill the void left by the GT.
My thought is that they are two different cars in two different categories. I wouldn't think of the GT500 filling the void left by the GT.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
My 04 Cobra is the last ford I will own. I was a big GM buff until they started farting around like ford is doing now. So I guess Fords plan is to do away with any nice vehicle, and only produce crap from here on out. Mopar is starting to look really good right now.

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
They said that they only sole 1,300 some odd GT's last year...like that was a bad thing. I thought that their goal was only 1,000.

TXRickC

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Mopar is starting to look really good right now.

-Jeff
No kidding!!!
Props to Daimler-Chrysler for making all of these options available for performance people to choose from.
Dodge-
Viper SRT/10 Roadster- 510hp/535tq 8.3 liter V10 $85,745
Viper SRT/10 Coupe- 510hp/535tq 8.3 liter V10 $86,995
Ram SRT/10 Quad Cab- 500hp/525tq 8.3 liter V10 $52,710
Ram SRT/10 Reg. Cab- 500hp/525tq 8.3 liter V10 $48,505
Charger SRT/8 Sedan- 425hp/420tq 6.1 liter V8 $38,095
Magnum SRT/8 Wagon- 425hp/420tq 6.1 liter V8 $37,995
Neon SRT/4 Compact- 230hp/250tq/ 2.4 liter Turbo 4 $21,295
Chrysler-
Crossfire SRT/6 Roadster- 330hp/310tq 3.2 liter S/C V6 $50,395
Crossfire SRT/6 Coupe- 330hp/310tq 3.2 liter S/C V6 $46,095
300C SRT/8 Sedan- 425hp/420tq 6.1 liter V8 $42,695
Jeep-
Grand Cherokee SRT/8- 420hp/420tq 6.1 liter V8 $39,995

heard the list will get a little longer soon, sounds like a neon replacment soon and maybe a Ram SRT/8 is coming and The Viper Like Chryler w/SRT8 may also be in the works plus another Hemi on the horizon soon= 6.4 liter

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
My brother just came up with a good slogan..

You know how right now it is: FORD Built for the road ahead.

He said it should be changed to: FORD Built to be left behind.

LOL

fordification

Established Member
That's disappointing. adrenalin was suppose to go up against the Dodge's srt-10 and now chevy's colorado ss. Not sure how they can abandone the market when they've had it for so long. The truck market is their bread and butter. without it they're done.

How can they mention the mustang and gt in the same sentence? it will never even come close.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Ford is now under complete control of the bean counters. They are in emergency "Oh shit we are hurting for profit" mode.

03SVTF

@10psi
Established Member
imo, Ford needs a high performance truck if they plan on keeping their best selling truck title for the F-150. I wish they just would've made that Lightning concept from a few years ago (the new body style one). :nono:

rocknrod

Car Builder
Established Member
If Ford never gets a handle on their dealers. They will not sell anything the public wants. If the dealers WILL NOT sell a car, and hold on to them for rip off purposes, the public will respond. The GT could have sold twice as many as they did. The dealers waited, held on, held out. the Hype of the car passed. Corvette Z06 came out etc etc etc. They really did loose sales in this area. And will continue to if the stealerships continue their path. There are still, to this day, stealerships asking 100,000.00 over MSRP in the nation. Their loss.
However as I have stated befor, it is OUR loss. Because Ford will not make the cars they are capible of.
But hey, go ahead and stand up and support the stealerships.

mustangbee

Established Member
the new cobra will fill the void left by the Ford GT??? yeah ok...that pigs gonna need some seroius ponies to impress me at almost 4000lbs

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
... Mopar is starting to look really good right now.
-Jeff

+1

Geez, they even got Jeep involved the SRT program. Everyone else keeps growing and investing... Ford keeps cutting and tanking whatever hopes of gaining respect in the performance domain.

Christian

fordification

Established Member
rocknrod said:
If Ford never gets a handle on their dealers. They will not sell anything the public wants. If the dealers WILL NOT sell a car, and hold on to them for rip off purposes, the public will respond. The GT could have sold twice as many as they did. The dealers waited, held on, held out. the Hype of the car passed. Corvette Z06 came out etc etc etc. They really did loose sales in this area. And will continue to if the stealerships continue their path. There are still, to this day, stealerships asking 100,000.00 over MSRP in the nation. Their loss.
However as I have stated befor, it is OUR loss. Because Ford will not make the cars they are capible of.
But hey, go ahead and stand up and support the stealerships.

sale numbers are only a small part of a very big problem.

fordification

Established Member
Christian said:
+1

Geez, they even got Jeep involved the SRT program. Everyone else keeps growing and investing... Ford keeps cutting and tanking whatever hopes of gaining respect in the performance domain.

Christian

um, GM's will come.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I kinda figured thing for the GT. It was always supposed to be a limited production vehicle. Oh well, another great car that I probably will never be able to own.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I fail to see how this is news. They said from the very beginning the car would be built for two years.

:bored:

SuperB

Established Member
I'm sure I'll get flamed by the Mustang lovers, but (IMHO) no mustang can ever replace the GT.

I'll throw a bunch of (IMHO) in here to cut down on the flaming ;-)

A mustang is, in my mind, a low cost sporty car (IMHO) . Not a sports car. For that matter, a Corvette Z06 is also sporty, not a sports car (IMHO).
Shelby, Cobra, Steeda, Saleen does not matter, it's still a Mustang (IMHO).

A sports car has distinctive looks, hand built, distinctive name... (IMHO)

Who would pay over $100,000 for a mustang, just to have everyone look at it and think 'That's a nice looking $30,000 car' (IMHO). Same for Corvette, if GM makes a $150,000 Corvette, they are stupid (IMHO).

I own a GT, no way I'd buy it if it were some super Mustang.

A replacement must be a new product line. Make a Mustang but call it a GR1 or anteater, or anything but an existing product line.

I took my Heritage GT to a car show last weekend and got tons of attention. A good portion of that attention were the same dumb ass comments about ford giving up on the GT. Spent the night explaining that the production cycle is at an end, not given up on. Does that mean GM gave up on the Corvette C5, then magically decided to try again?

On another note, why don't these forums have a spell checker?

Users who are viewing this thread