Ford axes the Ford GT & Adrenalin

SuperB

Established Member
Oh, another comment.
Ford and GM both have the same problems, ugly cars.
Chrysler makes some nice looking cars. Who wants an ugly Cadillac for $40,000 when you can have a Chrysler 300 for $30,000

GM has the additional problem of having a worthless warranty. I took my '03 Corvette in for many problems many times and finally sold it, traded for my GT, with the problem still unfixed. I'll never buy another GM product, no matter how cool. They build a piece of crap, then won't fix it.

stangfreak

Established Member
fords a freakin joke. didnt surprise me they cancel production of cars. they keep making crap. this to will be my last FORD CAR. i am not buying another mustang, cobra, saleen nothing anymore.

im also tired of this 4.6 crap. i sure hope ford wakes the hell up.

satx

Banned
this should be moved to the lightning or adenaline area as it is not GT news.......the GT was always to be a ~4000 unit run.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
satx said:
it is not GT news.......the GT was always to be a ~4000 unit run.

Apparently to an auto website based in Detroit it was news :rollseyes

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
A sports car is a lightweight car, 2 seats, built to handle. If it has a lot of power that is a plus but not required and not really included except recently. Developed in the 50s and 60s by companies like Fiat, Porsche and MG. The Miata, S2000, Solstice, etc. qualify as sports cars. The Mustang as you correctly point out does not.

3,100 lbs. and a 500 hp motor? I think a Z06 qualifies as a sports car. Same #s as a Ferrari.

Handbuilt and distinctive looks defines an exotic, not a sports car. Most exotics are sports cars, not all sports cars are exotics.

Last edited:

FordGTGuy

Established Member
mustangbee said:
the new cobra will fill the void left by the Ford GT??? yeah ok...that pigs gonna need some seroius ponies to impress me at almost 4000lbs

no longer a cobra that name was dropped its the GT-500 now.

you guys don't get somethings huh?

adrenaline vs. SRT-10 hellno

New Lightning vs. SRT-10 yes

why are you blaming Ford when the true person to blame are the Import companies if you guys are true Ford fans you would stand by Ford.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I stand by Ford...right now that is. I have a 2004 Cobra, an '05 Jaguar, and an '05 F-150 flareside Supercab. All Ford here. :)

SuperB

Established Member
You can't blame Imports for Ford's problems.
If the Germans and Japanese can build better and cheaper cars, good for them.
If Ford and Chevy can't compete, that is their problem.
For many years, Americans stood by American car manufactures, gave them 20 years to improve quality and reduce cost.
All of the American companies choose to increase profits rather than improve themselves, thus, here we are. Ready to cry to the government for a bail out, and they will get it. Both Ford and Chevy will remain in business, though they don't deserve it. All else fails, the government will bail them out like they did Chrysler many years ago.
The reason, before anyone ask, is that the USA needs at least 2 auto manufatures to maintain labor that is skilled in vehicle construction so that, in the event of war, that labor force can be put to work to build tanks.

skinsand

Established Member
mustangbee said:
the new cobra will fill the void left by the Ford GT??? yeah ok...that pigs gonna need some seroius ponies to impress me at almost 4000lbs

I like the GT500...but, the weight seems like a problem everyone agrees on.

4000 lbs+ when its all said and done. Add another 200 for the conv. Thats as heavy as a luxury sedan. Thats beyond a little porky. For a mustang that is downright -cut-a-hole-in-the-drywall-to-get-momma-outa-the-house-with-a-crane FATASS. Talk all you want about cost vs weight but the sad truth is the Shelby should be between 3600-3700. That does not seem like a far out pipe dream to me. The best mods for that car will the ones that make use of all those ponies by losing weight. Correct me if im wrong (Fourcam, anyone) but doesnt more weight make it harder to hook and corner and pretty much all other aspects of performance right? The heavier the car the more rubber it takes to bite(yet another issue...just try putting 315s on...)? All you guys who think a 2.2 KB will solve all these problems... :??: I think in the end the old Terminator might come closer to the GT500 than alot of people think. :burn:

It is a great looking car though, and a 5.4... :beer:

ZyX2323

Established Member
Adrenalin was the next car I wanted to buy, I loved the Combo that it was, I have owned a few of each of Mustangs and Explorers, it was a perfect mix the girl and I wanted to get. Well it was going to be an awesome ride... guess I will look/wait for some other ride...
-Thou the GT is a sad thing to go, but like others said it was only to be a 1000 made run, they far exceeded that.

ZyX2323

Lightning247

Sprechen Sie Deutsch?
Established Member
Correct me if im wrong (Fourcam, anyone) but doesnt more weight make it harder to hook and corner and pretty much all other aspects of performance right?

Weight is everything. If anything were ever true about performance (aircraft, car, truck, spacecraft, missile, gun, boat, camping equipment, machinery, buildings, bridges....) it's that minimizing weight is one of, if not the most critical design consideration in Engineering.

Philip K.

Fourcam330

Established Member
skinsand said:
I like the GT500...but, the weight seems like a problem everyone agrees on.

4000 lbs+ when its all said and done. Add another 200 for the conv. Thats as heavy as a luxury sedan. Thats beyond a little porky. For a mustang that is downright -cut-a-hole-in-the-drywall-to-get-momma-outa-the-house-with-a-crane FATASS. Talk all you want about cost vs weight but the sad truth is the Shelby should be between 3600-3700. That does not seem like a far out pipe dream to me. The best mods for that car will the ones that make use of all those ponies by losing weight. Correct me if im wrong (Fourcam, anyone) but doesnt more weight make it harder to hook and corner and pretty much all other aspects of performance right? The heavier the car the more rubber it takes to bite(yet another issue...just try putting 315s on...)? All you guys who think a 2.2 KB will solve all these problems... :??: I think in the end the old Terminator might come closer to the GT500 than alot of people think. :burn:

It is a great looking car though, and a 5.4... :beer:

Terminators are nice cars but they never had the potential to trap 130mph with a stock longblock/blower. The fact of the matter is the GT500 is competing against other "fat ass" cars such as the goat and new Charger. Removing weight, as Phil said, not only has the same affect as increasing power output, but also puts less wear on all aspects of the car.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I bet everyone who owns a GT is happy with this news. Too bad about the LS too. My mom has an 05 and before that she had an 00. Very nice cars.

Users who are viewing this thread