Ford Bulletin up for stalling, cats, plugs

Red2k3cobra

I have a ford bulletin printout, don't have access to a scanner right now so i'll type it.

602300-Driveability Hard Start/Long Start

Special service messages

2003 Mustang cobra- spark plug fouling at low mileage
Some 2003 mustang cobra vehicles equipped with the 4.6L 4VSupercharged engine may exhibit a hard start crank no start, lack of power, rough run, misfire, stumble or check engine light condition this may be noted during the pre-delivery inspection or at low mileage this is causedby repeated start-ups and short trip driving during the assembly process causing the spark plugs to become fuel fouled to service replace the spark plugs with ford part #AGSF-22F-M1-F4 and inspect the DPFE sensor and the DPFE hoses for damaged components. Use normal diagnostics to check Catalytic convertor function if the DPFE senor or hoses are damaged or diagnostics show that the catalytic converters are plugged service components as needed.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by White03Snake
I have a ford bulletin printout, don't have access to a scanner right now so i'll type it.

602300-Driveability Hard Start/Long Start

Special service messages

2003 Mustang cobra- spark plug fouling at low mileage
Some 2003 mustang cobra vehicles equipped with the 4.6L 4VSupercharged engine may exhibit a hard start crank no start, lack of power, rough run, misfire, stumble or check engine light condition this may be noted during the pre-delivery inspection or at low mileage this is causedby repeated start-ups and short trip driving during the assembly process causing the spark plugs to become fuel fouled to service replace the spark plugs with ford part #AGSF-22F-M1-F4 and inspect the DPFE sensor and the DPFE hoses for damaged components. Use normal diagnostics to check Catalytic convertor function if the DPFE senor or hoses are damaged or diagnostics show that the catalytic converters are plugged service components as needed.

Wow, that's interesting in the service message they are specifying spark plugs that are one heat range hotter than stock. The stock plugs are AGSF-12's.

Mark

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey Mark (MJChip), I noticed you don't have a chip. I planned on getting a pulley/chip AND a MAFterburner, but is the burner as good as a chip? Will the chip + burner give me more? or is the chip a waste?

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by Snakebitten
Hey Mark (MJChip), I noticed you don't have a chip. I planned on getting a pulley/chip AND a MAFterburner, but is the burner as good as a chip? Will the chip + burner give me more? or is the chip a waste?

Hey,

If you are going with the Pulley, skip the MAFterburner. What you want is my new product, the Afterburner-FPC. Due to the way the '03 PCM handles fuel, the MAFterburner will not be able to control air-fuel ratio on cars with greater than stock boost. The Afterburner-FPC is what I'm running on my '03 now. It is a fuel pressure control processor which allows optimizing of air-fuel ratio on cars with returnless fuel systems. The good news is that this product works like a champ!!! The bad news is that it will not be out on the market for at least 8 more weeks. However, if you are interested in becoming a beta tester of this new product, you can get one sooner though. ;)

My recommendation is to find a good tuner who has done a bunch of '03 Cobras and get them to tune your car. I personally would not run an aftermarket pulley without air-fuel adjustment.

Best of luck to you.

Cheers,

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread