Ford Credit Question...

SonterraSVT

10thAnniversary SVT Cobra
Established Member
About 2.5 years ago I bought my first Mustang. The Day I bought the GT I first went to my bank to talk to them about a loan. They told me I did not qualify for the amount equal to the Mustang. Three hours later I go to a Dealership and buy a new GT total financing was around 22,000. Ford Credit approved me right away. I had used Ford Credit for 2.5 years before buying the GT when I had a F150.

Sorry Little Confusing, trying too rush before work.

Anyway, Here is my question: How come Ford Credit qualifies people differently then Banks do for new car loans? Is it determined how well you make your payments when financing thru Ford Credit if you had previous car loans with them? Is it a reward system for being with them so long?

(in October) The reason I asked, is because the day I talked to my dealership they checked my history thru Ford to look at how much I still owed on my GT. That day I asked would I qualify, he stated "there should not be any problem" Couple of weeks later for S & G's, I apply for a loan thru my bank and qualified for a loan, but it was short of what I will be financing if I bought the Cobra. I called the salesman again telling him about the above bank information. He stated "Do not worry, I am going to take care of you" I am thinking, What does that mean.

Does Ford Credit do things differently? I been using them for 5 years, never missed a payment and always paid more then asked. And the same goes with all other bills..

I do not mean to sound ignorant, but something seems wrong...I am going to find out Monday. I thought dealerships do the credit checks the same day when you are about to put money down on a new car. Maybe they did when I gave them my information when they had to check my GT loan.

Hope someone can shed some light here. Without Flaming!

super sonic

Established Member
Yes, FMCC is different standards than bank loans. FMCC loans are based on your beacon score like bank loans; however, your past credit history with FMCC is also taken into account. Also most banks will not finance greater than 100% of the sticker price of the car, FMCC will finance a higher number (sticker plus tax, tag, dealer add-ons, extended warranties and financial products) depending on your score.

SonterraSVT

10thAnniversary SVT Cobra
Established Member
ahhh, I see, Hey Guys, Thanks I appreciate the quick response!

Zate

Established Member
Originally posted by KNGOBRA
It all comes down to the interest rate, how much they think you're willing to pay!! :shrug:

it most certainly does.. FMCC quoted me 17% and 4K down on a Cobra because I am from Australia.. only been here 2 years (limited credit history) and have a high income.. they figured i can afford to pay that much..

i told em to shove the deal.. took the car back (dealer let me have it a week while they did the financing) and am looking at other options..

if FMCC had decided to be normal about it..i'd be driving one right now..

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Originally posted by SonterraSVT
About 2.5 years ago I bought my first Mustang. The Day I bought the GT I first went to my bank to talk to them about a loan. They told me I did not qualify for the amount equal to the Mustang. Three hours later I go to a Dealership and buy a new GT total financing was around 22,000. Ford Credit approved me right away. I had used Ford Credit for 2.5 years before buying the GT when I had a F150.

you are exactly right, when i bought my v6, the bank said no b/c i had no credit. then FMCC said yes right away like, a few days later after the bank said no. see i think that banks don't like young people (21 now but 19 at the time), i bet if i were a bit older it would make a difference:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread