Ford dealer will not warrantee Clutch HELP

Brands5.0

Established Member
Ford dealer will not warrantee Clutch HELP

My buddy has had his car for 6 months and his clutch is gone. He took the car into the dealer today and they told him its not under warrantee, He called SVT and the only help they gave him is to have the dealer inspect the car and if it shows signs it was installed wrong or a bad part then they will fix it, So its up to the dealer which already told him they wont warrantee it to now get paid to inspect it and change there minds.

I have had my car over 15 months and 11k miles stage 2 ran on slicks and have know signs of wear, how can a stock car have this issues except if the parts were bad from the get go.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
Try another dealer! 6 months is way to quick for a clutch to go out, unless he beat the **** of of the car.

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
I know for a fact the dealer in Conroe tx had to replace a clutch on a gt500 with 10 miles on the clock. There are a known problem. If they don't fix it now..I'm sure it will be a TSB soon..if it isn't already.

Dave07997S

Established Member
Usually the first 1000 miles the dealer will warranty a clutch, after that you are usually on your own. The warranty specifically states this to be a wear item and is not covered.

Bummer..

Dave

Subzero

Established Member
Take it to a different dealer and be sure to bring up the fact that they are known for having clutch problems!

pvteye

Established Member
Clutches are like brake pads, they are wear items and not covered under warranty. Sure some get them replaced, depends on the relationship with the dealer, or an obvious manufacture defect. If they tear it down and it shows signs of abuse... you are SOL... sorry..

JoePac

Established Member
Clutches are like brake pads, they are wear items and not covered under warranty. Sure some get them replaced, depends on the relationship with the dealer, or an obvious manufacture defect. If they tear it down and it shows signs of abuse... you are SOL... sorry..

+1, same thing happen to me!!!

chuckstang

Established Member
don't know what to tell you but everyone over at STangsunleashed that had clutch problems got Ford to fix it for free, most of the time it cost Ford big bucks to replace both clutch/flywheel and some times tranny. Ford knows about the issue, but don't give up, it will get fixed for free.

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
i had my clutch replaced with 5500 miles on it... early production cars had a problem with the clutches... i believe there is a tsb on the clutches... try a different dealer...

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
How many miles in those 6 months? An on/off clutch can easily be worn out by constantly slipping the clutch when starting from a stop. Think about how many times that happens in rush hour traffic. It is possible that driving style could cause a perfectly good clutch to go bad.

Users who are viewing this thread