Ford Drive Cycle question

bull3441

Established Member
First let me start by saying if you want big cams and have emissions in you're state it's a headache to resolve. I cleared EVAP, O2, HTR and have CAT and EGR left. Does the EGR have to clear before the CAT will? I'm allowed one not ready in NY. The car currently has Dynotech cats for passing emissions. Thanks.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
I was in the same boat with LT's. My EGR and cats were all that I had left I/C. I drove close to 400 miles on it. I gave just up.

Maybe you could get your tuner to set your EGR valve or CAT to NA and then you would only have one I/C.

I would watch the Dynotech cats. Mine were failing when I pulled them off. They were not too bad but I babied my car. The worst it was run was on the dyno. If I was racing it they would hav ebeen total clogged.

bull3441

Established Member
I was in the same boat with LT's. My EGR and cats were all that I had left I/C. I drove close to 400 miles on it. I gave just up.

Maybe you could get your tuner to set your EGR valve or CAT to NA and then you would only have one I/C.

I would watch the Dynotech cats. Mine were failing when I pulled them off. They were not too bad but I babied my car. The worst it was run was on the dyno. If I was racing it they would hav ebeen total clogged.
Yeah, my original Dynatech cats lasted 200 miles. These current ones are for trying to pass the readiness test only.

Users who are viewing this thread