Ford ESP

Snake_Eyes

SVT Warrior
Established Member
Do you guys think the Ford Extended Service Protection is worth it? I was thinking about getting the ESP before my 36K is up.

:shrug:

03cobra#116

Established Member
I bought a 7yr/100000 Premium ESP when I picked up the car for $2100. That was June 2002.

I knew the engine was new and things could go wrong. I also knew I intended to keep my Cobra stock.

So far (at 34k miles), my car gives every indication that I will not use the ESP. But it is a long way to 100k miles.

03yellow

Established Member
I wanted the ford plan for my GT. But opted to go with another non-ford plan from the dealership. I shopped it on the internet then went to the local dealership to match it.

Look to see what they are giving you. I got an additional 75,000 miles that took me to 112,115 miles on my odometer,with $0 deductable and covered almost everything but maintainence. Usually 75,000 miles is the stopping point on your odemeter and the warranty cuts off.

It was half the price of the ESP and the dealership got paid better for their work.
The dealership has been around forever; if the warranty company goes out of business the dealership must offer you another replacement warranty.

Shop around then go local at a dependable ford dealership.

1CEBITN

Blue by you!
Established Member
If you plan to mod the car then no, the ESP is a waste of money. If you are going to keep it stock you are betting that
(a) you keep the car that long and
(b) something/s happens that costs more than the cost of the warranty plus any deductibles.

Personally, I have never needed an extended warranty on any of my cars and I have kept everything I have owned at least 5-7 years and 75-90k miles. Yes, all have been Fords and the last was my 98 Cobra. If Ford would refund your money when you trade the car in to a Ford dealer and haven't used the ESP for any repairs, I would consider it but, until then, I am not buying it. Plus, I plan on modding eventually so it doesn't make sense for me. IMHO, it is like the rust-proofing, undercoating bs they try to sell you, a waste of $$ that I could use on mods...

Users who are viewing this thread