Ford Extended Warranty

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Call the Ford ESP 800 number (1-800-367-3377) and have your VIN number ready. Last time I did this (several years ago), I had to pay $50 fee.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Oh yeah, I knew about the fee. That's all you had to do is just call it in and it was taken care of?
They can tell you for sure. I'm pretty sure I had to send in a form, the letter from the previous owner, and the $50 fee. Like I said, it's been a while for me, so I'd just call the number and make sure. Either that, or go talk to the finance manager at a local Ford dealer. I think he's the guy who handles that stuff.

Ecarlcl

Established Member
They can tell you for sure. I'm pretty sure I had to send in a form, the letter from the previous owner, and the $50 fee. Like I said, it's been a while for me, so I'd just call the number and make sure. Either that, or go talk to the finance manager at a local Ford dealer. I think he's the guy who handles that stuff.

OK. Thanks a lot.

Ecarlcl

Established Member
Supplemental info for anyone who comes across this thread searching:

All I had to do was get a letter of authorization from the previous owner that includes the VIN, mileage at time of sale, previous owner's name and signature, new owner's name, signature, and address. I took it and the original contract to the finance department of my local Ford dealer and they transfered it right there for $50. My car is now in the shop getting a few things fixed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread