Ford Flex EB owners?

00BlackGT

Established Member
guys, i'm considering trading in my 07 expedtion with 94k miles for a 2012 Flex. any experience with these?

loved the ride and room in the expedition, and gas mileage was pretty good as well... averaging 15-16.

pretty neat looking IMO

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
I'd be all over it. We have a 2011 Titanium AWD package and couldn't be happier with the room and the way it drives. We didn't get the Ecoboost option (overruled by wifey and now she kicks herself, they never listen to us :nonono:) but I've driven several since I work at a Ford dealer. Getting anywhere between 20-24 mpg and the same with the EB. Granted it will not have quite the room the Expedition has, but we didn't plan dragging a bunch of junk around in it. The EB gets out and scoots when you need it to.
You looking at a Limited?
Edit: quick pic of ours
2hwd8w9.jpg

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I only know of 4DRHTRD and SCRMING that both have modded Flex's that are in the 12's. They should be able to tell you how well they hold up and what mods are worth doing.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Let me tell you, I really, really disliked the Flex when it first came out. Thought Ford did a piss poor job of branding the car and a terrible job forcing the ubiquitous tri-bar onto the front of a bread box.

The last redesign went a long way towards fixing the looks. The front end and headlight treatment is just much, much better. That was enough to get us to get a car for my wife to fit kids and animals in.

We've had 2 Flexii with the EB 3.5L and it's just a bad ass car. Way more utility than the last Explorer we had, comfortable, fast. Gets "reasonable" fuel economy depending on how you drive. Really easy to get in an out of versus a taller SUV, which is a big deal when you're putting in car seats and grocery bags. And again, fast. There aren't alot of cars with refrigerators that will fit 6 people and still haul some ass. Judged for utility against an Expedition, it's probably not a big of a difference, but it definitely beats the Explorer for our purposes. I always thought "wow, that car sucks" but now I fear the day Ford may kill it because it's a perfect family hauler.

Biggest negative is that it's pretty expensive when you load it up.

Fuerza

Established Member
Wanted the EB flex over our Edge but it was $10k more. The one I wanted was loaded with options.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
when they first came out with the EB, a few people at my dealer got together and ran it against a few cars that we owned at the time. it flat dusted quite a few notable and modified Ford products from stoplights.

one gripe I do have is the stupid fridge thing in the back. when it breaks, good luck, that SOB will cost a fortune to replace.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
but now I fear the day Ford may kill it because it's a perfect family hauler.

This might not be too far away. It was slated for the axe after 2014 because of the lousy sale numbers. The magazines reported that but I also heard it first from my Ford FSE back in May. I hope they are both wrong and it takes off. Would miss this car.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Yeah I know, it was slated for death. I was just hoping that the bump in sales with the redo would be enough to get it a stay of execution.

Users who are viewing this thread