Ford FRPP vs Mac Cat Back

Fred G

Established Member
Hey guys,

I need some help here. I purchased the Ford FR500 cat back system that is almost ready to go…just accumulating a few more miles for before and after dyno pulls. I went with the FR500 because it’s supposed to work, and seemed superior as far as quality (stainless) goes when compared to most others. Now I’m hearing that HP gains have been found to be marginal, at best, with the Ford set-up and am wondering if I should return it and go with the Mac, as we have documented dyno proof of a 18 HP gain on Jim V’s snake.

To me, swapping of hard data are what these websites are all about, so if anyone has any dyno comparisons or personal experience with these two systems, I’d appreciate the info. As far as the actual exhaust sound goes, when I drove Jim V’s 03 with the Mac cat back, it sounded a lot like a stock 01...maybe a little louder at WOT, which is fine by me. I plan to keep the stock H, at least for now.

Thanks

IRON MACHINE

Established Member
No hard data - but you do get a seat of the pants power boost with the FR500, just not alot of sound. Although, now that I've had the FR500 on for 800 miles, it has gotten significantly louder - its not like a flowmaster loud, but its a nice mellow tone throughout the RPMs. It has definately gotten louder, so those who are dissapointed with the FR500 sound after initial install - wait about 7-800 miles and it really mellows out.

Users who are viewing this thread