Ford GM Stellantis UAW Strike

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You guys feeling the pinch yet or getting told to expect delays yet?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I have a bunch of Broncos at the plant that are built that can't ship.

We haven't received an official update from Ford since the 15th, when they announced the strike. I imagine we'll get one today around 9am CST.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
According to a report from Automotive News, suppliers have been under intense financial pressure from the automakers prioritizing just-in-time manufacturing, rolling component shortages, a lopsided labor market, and increasingly high material costs. While plenty of that was accelerated by the global response to the pandemic, a lot of issues actually predate COVID by years.

In response, suppliers have been going to their automaker customers seeking concessions on pricing to help cope with some of the problems they've been facing. But industry analysts are claiming they've enjoyed limited success and frequently return empty handed - even when it's the big boys making the request - and that trickles down to make trouble for the smaller fish.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I have a bunch of Broncos at the plant that are built that can't ship.

We haven't received an official update from Ford since the 15th, when they announced the strike. I imagine we'll get one today around 9am CST.

Tenvoorde inventory is best it's been, excepting pickups. They have definitely increased used on the lot.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Of course it won't happen but could any of the big three legally fire any of the UAW workers who are no longer under contract?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Dodged a bullet this week. Ford won't be affected any further than they are right now, for the time being.

I would've bet my left testicle the Kansas City Plant with F-150 and Transit would've gone down today.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
UAW will end up causing the big three to get another Fed bailout.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Too bad they just can’t restructure without the UAW. The UAW has overplayed its hand, it would be cheaper to just continue shifting manufacturing to locales where there are no auto unions.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Dodged a bullet this week. Ford won't be affected any further than they are right now, for the time being.

I would've bet my left testicle the Kansas City Plant with F-150 and Transit would've gone down today.

The United Auto Workers said it has made significant progress in its talks with Ford (NYSE:F) as it called for strikes at 38 General Motor (GM) and Stellantis (STLA) locations.

"We’ve made some real progress at Ford,"Union President Shawn Fain said via video. But "we still have serious issues to work through."

STLA and GM negotiations remain problematic, Fain said.

The union called for strikes at 38 U.S. locations starting at 12pm ET. Strikes at Ford's (F) Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, Michigan, General Motors' (GM) Wentzville Assembly Plant in Missouri, and Stellantis' (STLA) Toledo Assembly Complex in Ohio continue.

Among the agreements made with Ford (F) are the reinstatement of a cost-of-living allowance, the elimination of a wage tier and the right to strike.

Fain said GM and STLA have rejected job security and profit-sharing proposals, among others.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I noticed a couple of car haulers at the local Stellantis dealer last week, didn't think much of it. Drove by today, holy hell, they got more than a few transporters, they are absolutely bulging 2019 power dollars style level of inventory. main and overflow lot stacked and racked. Crazy.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I noticed a couple of car haulers at the local Stellantis dealer last week, didn't think much of it. Drove by today, holy hell, they got more than a few transporters, they are absolutely bulging 2019 power dollars style level of inventory. main and overflow lot stacked and racked. Crazy.

I have to ask..

Did you tell your wife “ I’m going to the dealership.. again “

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
images

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Their hypocrisy is being brought to front these days between the N.Y. governor telling illegals to go elsewhere, politicians up in arms because CEO's make a lot of bread (politicians do too), a senator indicted on major charges (while calling L.E. corrupt and asking for a trial before the court of public opinion reigns in), etc.., it's a fun day to be the opposite of them.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
S&P Global Mobility noted that the UAW aims to achieve 100% of its demands and is willing to drag out the work stoppage situation.

If he is right, Ford won't settle either. Ford was just quicker to lay out the maximum it will offer.

sleek98

Established Member
The big three should tell them to **** off. It will kill one quarter worth of profits, but what the UAW is asking for will kill the companies eventually.

The companies can easily take one bad quarter, the UAW cannot last more than 4-5 weeks before they run out of steam with the lower members that were just getting by.

Users who are viewing this thread