Ford GM Stellantis UAW Strike

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol, the UAW is gonna kill the big three and it is exciting to watch.

I feel bad that you may end up suffering Nick.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Lol, the UAW is gonna kill the big three and it is exciting to watch.

I feel bad that you may end up suffering Nick.

I don't think they will. This will be a blip on the history charts.

Ford actually did a really good job preparing for the strike, which is surprising with how many times they've dropped the ball recently. The dealers I feel bad for are the Stellantis stores.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
1000007765.jpg

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Last edited:

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you think we will see a 25% increase in quality? Lol

I’d say my industry needs a union but then I remember I am an adult that can negotiate my worth on my own and I am actually expected to do quality work. Lol

robvas

Established Member
Last year a friend of the family got hired by GM, he was working at a supplier plant doing the same job (skilled trades). He was bragging about his $10/hour increase in pay etc.

This year he's crying about how they don't making a living wage...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
*Edit Looks like I missed this, how do you guys think this will affect the other manufacturers???

GM will need to settle soon.

Stellantis could and might hold out tell Christmas. North American operations are a lot smaller piece of their pie compared to the other two.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
No and no. lol

Who would've guessed.

The UAW will surely boast how they "won", but when you look at what the likely final economic terms are vs. their initial demands, they ended up way below. You never get everything obviously, but they seem to have completely abandoned some of their most publicized demands.

I feel really bad they weren't able to get that work/life balance they so desperately needed. Seems like the UAW leadership left their membership out in the cold on that.

Over promise and under deliver?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The UAW will surely boast how they "won", but when you look at what the likely final economic terms are vs. their initial demands, they ended up way below. You never get everything obviously, but they seem to have completely abandoned some of their most publicized demands.

I feel really bad they weren't able to get that work/life balance they so desperately needed. Seems like the UAW leadership left their membership out in the cold on that.

Over promise and under deliver?

I see it two ways. The contract that was just compromised on..was a good contract for the UAW. Probably got more than they should have, not by much, but a little.

I think Fain really screwed up going in asking for the moon. There's 0% change he, or his advisers, believed that they would get all of their demands. So he pumped up membership dangling a carrot, and now they get to the carrot and realize it's not all it was cracked up to be. I do not think he will be re-elected.

If he would've came out and said they were going to get 20%+ raises, etc etc....then they got it, membership would be thrilled.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I see it two ways. The contract that was just compromised on..was a good contract for the UAW. Probably got more than they should have, not by much, but a little.

I think Fain really screwed up going in asking for the moon. There's 0% change he, or his advisers, believed that they would get all of their demands. So he pumped up membership dangling a carrot, and now they get to the carrot and realize it's not all it was cracked up to be. I do not think he will be re-elected.

If he would've came out and said they were going to get 20%+ raises, etc etc....then they got it, membership would be thrilled.

That is the worry, the members want it all and reject the contract.

Users who are viewing this thread