Ford GT: 11.2 @ 131

03CobraBro

Established Member
Go Ford! I just wish the Ford GT was going to be an actual full production model. I guess we'll have to wait to see what that Shelby GR-1 brings to the table.

Originally posted by 03CobraBro
Go Ford! I just wish the Ford GT was going to be an actual full production model. I guess we'll have to wait to see what that Shelby GR-1 brings to the table.

It is a full production model for the segment it's in IMO. High priced cars like that are suppose to be rare.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by T-Bolt
then it would go over to Kenne Bell,

You probably wouldnt need a KB for the GT. The stock Eaton on the Ford GT is already a twin screw 2.3L... If you went with KB's 2.2, it'ed actaully be a down grade in this case IMO.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Euphoric One
It is a full production model for the segment it's in IMO. High priced cars like that are suppose to be rare.

Rare yes, I agree, and I like the fact it is going to be a short run with very few models produced however, I mean, it's not going to be like the Viper, where were going to see it evolve. It will run its course over the next 3 years and after that we'll probably never see the name plate again unless Ford decides to bring it back years from now for whatever reason. Thats what I meant by full production. I didnt mean they should build 20 thousand of em a year, I just meant I think in order for it to be concidered a true full blown production car, it should be incorperated into Ford's line up, rather than a temperary commemerative car.

That's alright though IMO. All the greats, 959, F40, 288GTO, Mclaren F1, etc. only exsisted for a short time.

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Euphoric One
Ahhh Ok. I gotcha now.

By all means though, dont let me take away from the fact the Ford GT is a bad ass car, and deffinatly one for the books in automotive history. :rockon:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
You probably wouldnt need a KB for the GT. The stock Eaton on the Ford GT is already a twin screw 2.3L...

Are you sure that it's an Eaton Supercharger? I didn't think that Eaton had the License to produce the Lysholm twin screw S/Cers like Whipple, and Kenne Belle have. As far as I knew, Eaton only manufactures roots type Superchargers with the Magnuson company.

Wild Bill

Established Member
It sure would be awesome to race one.I wonder how bad I'd get smoked?I ran an 11.8 (uncorrected) when I had 486rwhp.Now I bet Im over 500.Im thinking a GT would probably run an 11.6-11.7 out here,but that mph is awesome!From a dig would probably be the only chance,unless you have a KB,Whipple,or Apten + cams.

Aniversarysnake

Established Member
ok, ok, maybe I am a noob here, but what is the difference between the roots type and the twin screw? sorry to hijack the thread too.

JON

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
You probably wouldnt need a KB for the GT. The stock Eaton on the Ford GT is already a twin screw 2.3L... If you went with KB's 2.2, it'ed actaully be a down grade in this case IMO.

Not if you went with the 2.4...:D

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
I agree hes a beast and worth the cash, but you cant touch one for less then 250,000 like afew others have said.

Also if your comparing the GM segment, honestly a Lingenfelter TT Z06 runs low 9's

Gino

So Long!
Originally posted by Cobra04
Also if your comparing the GM segment, honestly a Lingenfelter TT Z06 runs low 9's

if GM produced the Cadillac Cien-- that would be the only GT competition they would have. its not all about performance, as page 1 describes. its as much about the automobile's nameplate, what the thing stands for that counts. you can make a honda run 9's, doesn't change the fact its still a piece of shit economical box honda. there will always be a Corvette, but the GT will only be here for a wee bit until all are sold (I wonder how many of the 3500 are spoken for?) before it vanishes into Ford's vaults forever. the car exists for a purpose, and that purpose is as much today as it was in the 1960's-- and thats putting Ferrari in its place, end of story.

I'm interested in seeing what Ford is doing with the GR1. on paper, it has specs enough (weight aside, look at the performance numbers 4500-5000 lb. Mercedes' put out) to best the GT... that one will be the one to watch in the coming years I think

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
Corvette has just as much history as that GT name plate if not more. Just its mass produced. dosent make it any less of a piece of automobile history

Wild Bill

Established Member
I agree hes a beast and worth the cash, but you cant touch one for less then 250,000 like afew others have said.

You cant compare those two,the Lingenfelter is an aftermarket speed shop,they are not GM.The GT is an exotic,not a street car specifically altered to run the 1/4.A better comparison would be Lingenfelter vs RUF or Hennessey etc...not Lingenfelter vs Ford.;-)

Gino

So Long!
Corvette has just as much history as that GT name plate if not more. Just its mass produced. dosent make it any less of a piece of automobile history

no matter how you crack it, its still just a corvette. it has history, but has always been a mass produced car. I see a million corvettes a week where I live, tons of them a day. it isn't a super car contender by any stretch. it doesn't matter if its built by Lingenfelter or whomever-- they aren't owned by GM. the C6 is closer having a top speed of 186 mph, but that still doesn't breach the 200 mph barrier. GM doesn't posess a Ferrari Fighter, nor do they have a vehicle to contend with the prestige of the super cars of the world. the Cadillac Cien could very well be that car, but it depends on whether or not the general has the balls to build it. the corvette is a sports car, not a super car. theres a BIG difference

:-D

Originally posted by Wild Bill
You cant compare those two,the Lingenfelter is an aftermarket speed shop,they are not GM.The GT is an exotic,not a street car specifically altered to run the 1/4.A better comparison would be Lingenfelter vs RUF or Hennessey etc...not Lingenfelter vs Ford.

exactly :rockon:

Cadillac Cien

cien4.jpg

7.5L Northstar XV12 engine
750 hp, 430 lb/feet torque
6-speed SMG transmission
other specs remain mysterious

Users who are viewing this thread