Ford GT block decode

Gixx1300R

Established Member
Can anyone decode the numbers from this Ford GT block?

IMAG0668.gif

IMAG0669.gif

IMAG0670.gif

EverGreenScort

Established Member
he said 4G7V on anything means Ford GT, however that is all he said. from my own experience I know the other numbers in the first photo are the departments that were responsible for the engineering for the part and which foundry cast the block.

the middle picture means it was cast on 10/8/2004

Is there anything in particular you were wondering about ?

Last edited:

Gixx1300R

Established Member
I was told that is is actually a prototyple block from Ford. It was used for testing in the Ford GT. It does have some differences than the production Ford GT block

RichM1983

Established Member
I purchased it off of the Corral forums. It can with the screw in freeze plugs and had minor difference in the oil filter housing for better oiling.

Wow something like that must have cost a lot I'm guessing. I think I'd hang on to it, it would have to be a pricey piece down the road.

Gixx1300R

Established Member
Wow something like that must have cost a lot I'm guessing. I think I'd hang on to it, it would have to be a pricey piece down the road.

That is what I was thinking that is why I asked for the number codes. I have not heard of any other GT block that came with screw in freeze plugs from the factory. Just trying to get confirmation that this is a Prototype.

Users who are viewing this thread