Ford GT block

00SVTlightning

F8LSTRKE
Established Member
Dont know if its a repost or not but I just read in the new issue of MM&FF that JDM is making the ford GT block available for the mustang and ford truck applications.

203Cree

Established Member
I believe Chilli ( or Chillifactor, can't remember which it is here ) is already running one.

00SVTlightning

F8LSTRKE
Established Member
I belive the article name is "aluminum assault". JDM had to do alot of mill work to adapt the starter and water pump.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
FRPP sells the aluminum GT block now but you have to have a bunch of machining done for things like a starter, dry sump oiler (not so bad), etc. Don't know the specifics but it is available if you have the money or machinery to make it work.

REDSVT150

Established Member
BlackBolt9 said:
FRPP sells the aluminum GT block now but you have to have a bunch of machining done for things like a starter, dry sump oiler (not so bad), etc. Don't know the specifics but it is available if you have the money or machinery to make it work.

I had a buddy get me his discount price and it was still over $2K for just the block. You will need to have special motor mounts and oil pan,etc to install in our trucks. JDM makes the parts for this but I do not know if they sell them.

Brad

CHICOSVT

Established Member
Aight! this might seem like a stupid question to u guys but what are the advantages of using the aluminum block? Just curious as to wether its worth the $$$.

dirtchicken

Banned
Besides weighing 97 pounds less than a steel block aluminum also cools down much faster and also has oil squirters for the pistons that reduce combustion temperature by several hundred degrees :rockon:

dirtchicken

Banned
Here's a quote from Jim@JDM:

$1000 to machine it to accept our water pump, oil pump, starter, bypass hole in the deck of the block, and ac compression. $400 for ARP main studs because they are custom length and design for this block. $600 Custom made all aluminum oil pan. $30 for an adapter block between oil pump and pickup. $26 each X 8 for Oil squirters to cool the pistons. Front dowels for the timing chain guides $10 each X 2. By the time you are done you have over $4000 into the bare block. The windage tray alone is almost $300. Now you have to build it! Crank, Rods, Pistons, Rings, Bearings, rear main oil cover, blue print and balance. Now we are just talking about the shortblock!!

You could very easily put $4000 into heads with valves, springs, cams, retainers, port work, the heads themselves, etc....

Now you have to add a lower manifold to it! Cross over tube for the upper radiator hose, Oh and we cant forget valve covers which are damn near $400, timing chain cover $?

We are in the process of building 10 of these motors right now not including the 4 we have already built.

Jim@JDM

dirtchicken

Banned
You mean like this?
1221-1662-125852.gif

1221-1662-125849.gif

1221-1662-125848.gif

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
dirtchicken said:
Besides weighing 97 pounds less than a steel block aluminum also cools down much faster and also has oil squirters for the pistons that reduce combustion temperature by several hundred degrees :rockon:

Several hundred? How do you figure that? It might help cool the pistons but it's not going to lower combustion temps.

Users who are viewing this thread