Ford GT Cams

Venomous281

Texas Bandit
Established Member
Iv'e been seeing some people putting GT cams in their cobra's. I was wondering if anyone had put any on B heads. They are half the price of other cams on the market. I am thinking about getting some because i have my valve covers and timing chain cover off because my car is getting a new oil pump...

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Blown or not they will make more power than the stock cams. You may need new valve springs but chance are you won't know until you get them installed.

mystic1219

Established Member
What are the specs on them compared to stock cams? or compared to aftermarket? Are they better for NA cars or blown motors? How much power gains? Anyone actually have them? (not trying to hi-jack but im interested also)

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
What are the specs on them compared to stock cams? or compared to aftermarket? Are they better for NA cars or blown motors? How much power gains? Anyone actually have them? (not trying to hi-jack but im interested also)

GT cams:
Intake 200 deg @.050/.450 lift
Exhaust 209 deg @.050/0.472 lift

These are more mild than any set of aftermarket cams. The will work for both n/a and FI. Their duration is only marginally more than that of the 96-98 Cobra cams but when compared to the Mach cams they have 16 degrees more intake duration and about 15 degrees more on the exhaust side. The lift is .053 more on the intake and .076 (give or take a couple) more on the exhaust. The added lift will give you more power throughout the entire range and the duration will want to raise the rpm at which peak hp occurs but the stock intake will limit it to roughly 6300rpm.

They'll work well with both n/a and FI motors but the gains will not be huge, maybe in the 10-15rwhp range.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread