Ford GT in Toledo Ohio w/ "Ford SSHeaders"?

Wildpony

Established Member
Just spotted a new GT at our local Friday nite summer car show/hangout in Toledo. The guy had a dark blue/white stripes GT. He said he was the first owner of Ford's new stainless headers. I thought they were stock being the car has so much good stuff. When I looked again I don't think I noticed any cat convertors between those and the tail pipes built into the back.
His lis. plate said "605 HP" and when I asked him if he had a "pulley" upgrade or Meth Inj. he said no "Only the headers and that 605 is at the wheels". Like I didn't understand dyno #'s...
Then he said Ford still honored the headers under the warranty, but those other mods would void it, which made me throw up the :bs: but I didn't say anything....
Still a sweet ride anyway...

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
There's actually a few different part numbers FRPP has, it sounds like he was referencing the version with cat delete pipes. It should have been very loud if he was.

Wildpony

Established Member
Come to think of it the tips on this car looked like the "Borla" style. They were probably 2 " or bigger and I guess they were as close to ''longtubes'' as you could get in that engine compartment.
Does 605 at the wheels seem legit with just this mod ?

ps Are you going to make "Smackdown" this 5/26 so I can see your car after all these years? ( I put my vacation day in last week so I can go)....

Wildpony

Established Member
Man if the were "cats" in there I didn't see (or notice ) them. Maybe they are tucked down low closer to the bumper insides. Not like I see these cars everyday....
I'm thinkin if the 605 was legit then the cats were gone.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
There's a bunch of different header/exhaust combos, one of them being "cat delete pipes". I know, it sounds like a weird name for a part. If he has 605 at the wheels, it's from a tune, because the FRPP(borla) exhuast alone is worth very little power-wise. With an aggressive tune and full header/exhaust, I suppose it's possible.

Wildpony

Established Member
Yeah that's what I thought. That's why I asked him if it was with a diff pulley or a Meth kit.
Maybe he was "connected" as supposedly there are protype things running around here- one being a Ford engineer that has a "test" Shelby Mustang with 630 HP to the ground that is running around town..

rev440

young punk
Established Member
Wildpony said:
Just spotted a new GT at our local Friday nite summer car show/hangout in Toledo. The guy had a dark blue/white stripes GT. He said he was the first owner of Ford's new stainless headers. I thought they were stock being the car has so much good stuff. When I looked again I don't think I noticed any cat convertors between those and the tail pipes built into the back.
His lis. plate said "605 HP" and when I asked him if he had a "pulley" upgrade or Meth Inj. he said no "Only the headers and that 605 is at the wheels". Like I didn't understand dyno #'s...
Then he said Ford still honored the headers under the warranty, but those other mods would void it, which made me throw up the :bs: but I didn't say anything....
Still a sweet ride anyway...

HOLY SHIT WHERES THAT CAR AT!? Ive seen it by the aplbees in maumee getting on the expressway. There was a ford engineer running around with a 550whp Ford GT powered mustang at my cottage but he lives in Detroit and Cleavland and in the summer Coldwater on the weekends.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Wildpony said:
Come to think of it the tips on this car looked like the "Borla" style. They were probably 2 " or bigger and I guess they were as close to ''longtubes'' as you could get in that engine compartment.
Does 605 at the wheels seem legit with just this mod ?

ps Are you going to make "Smackdown" this 5/26 so I can see your car after all these years? ( I put my vacation day in last week so I can go)....

Unfortuntely I'm not sure there will be a spring smackdown. Bader/Norwalk stuck it to us this year essentially tripling the rental rate and requiring a one week cancellation notice due to weather--or full rental price is owed :shrug:
Regardless the 5.0&SFs shootout will be in the fall.

Wildpony

Established Member
He must have thought too much profit was being made with the large turnouts so he had to get greedy. That one week notice is bullshit too.
The only way for you or Ben to do it would be to have people pre pay with no refund (which everyone will pitch a bitch about)..
Too bad that was a nice event.
Please post an update to the "sticky" at the tops of these pages to let us know.

Thanks

Wildpony

Established Member
rev440 said:
HOLY SHIT WHERES THAT CAR AT!? Ive seen it by the aplbees in maumee getting on the expressway. There was a ford engineer running around with a 550whp Ford GT powered mustang at my cottage but he lives in Detroit and Cleavland and in the summer Coldwater on the weekends.

Parkway Plaza on the 'Trail (@Detroit ave.) They have it every Friday until it gets crappy in the fall. Not really a car show. Just gear heads hanging out.
I presume he will probably show up at the Wendy's on Rt 25 in P Burg on Sat's. starting in June, or the big PBurg (downtown) in early Aug. (on a Sat), if he is from our area. He didn't have the "county" tag on his custom Ohio plate.

Users who are viewing this thread