ford gt picks up 50 hp with borla exhaust system

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
i read in a car magazine that the ford gt picked up 50 hp by switching to borlas aftermarket exhaust system. i am not sure if that is headers + cat back or just cat back. whatever it was it looked sexy. the headers were long tubed and the whole deal looked hot. so now if you just swap the pullies out to get 16 lbs of boost and throw in some colder plugs and do a tune it should be good for 700 crank hp on 91 octane. assuming the stock engine makes 550 crank hp. :bowdown:

Last edited:

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
now thats good news. i'm hoping, well..dreaming, that the next gen Cobra gets a detuned GT engine.

nice stable you got there Fred. :beer:

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
Hey Fast Freddy, the GT actually makes 560RWHp. So almost 700 at the crank stock. With an exhaust, I would assume it could see 590 +/- a tiny bit at the rear wheels.

The GT is severly underrated by FORD. The fact that it traps 130+ mph in the 1/4, and runs with ENZO's should show you it's true power. Nasty,Nasty cars.

Last edited:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
Hey Fast Freddy, the GT actually makes 560RWHp. So almost 700 at the crank stock. With an exhaust, I would assume it could see 590 +/- a tiny bit at the rear wheels.

The GT is severly underrated by FORD. The fact that it traps 130+ mph in the 1/4, and runs with ENZO's should show you it's true power. Nasty,Nasty cars.

:thumbsup:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:

increase the boost to 16 lbs and do a tune, etc and make 650 rwhp which would be like 750 hp at the crank :coolman:

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
FastFreddySlone said:
increase the boost to 16 lbs and do a tune, etc and make 650 rwhp which would be like 750 hp at the crank :coolman:

Actually, with a light modding, achieveing 650 RWHp it pretty easy. Which actually works out to a shade under 800HP at the crank.....

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
If it's losing more than 10% its gonna be one of the most inefficient MR cars ever.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
GTSpartan said:
Thats what I thought. No way 650rwhp in a GT equals 800crank.

WHOOPS!!! I accindentaly did the figures for an FR vehicle...yeah a gt with 650RWHP, would be around 720-725 at the crank. My fault(had a brain fart)

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
borla is local to me and we sold the first GT that got the exhaust and they screwed that car up. it came back with a check engine light on as well as quite a few scratches and the rear hatch wouldn't close because they somehow jacked that up too. so if you get a borla exhaust get it installed by someone who knows what they are doing

Fourcam330

Established Member
EvergreenSVT said:
Too bad the rear main seal fails.

It's due to the crank being incorrectly polished/finished at the factory. Instead of holding his hand in place when polishing said person moved theirs the length of the crank; thereby creating a flow path for the oil to follow. Ford's TSB fix includes yanking the transaxle and installing a metal sleeve on the back of the motor.
If I had a GT crank I would have it refinished asap.

Users who are viewing this thread