Ford GT with TT+Blower

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
I think you are right. A properly designed TT system should eliminate any need for a blower. This almost seems like an engineering exercise.

Well, the theory is that a TT with larger turbos take longer to spool and therefore create a good amount of lag. To allow for the larger turbos and eliminate the lag, some go with the roots style blower in addition since the twin screw is a complete torque monster and thereby eliminating the turbo lag. The turbo lag could obviously be eliminated, or close to, without the use of a roots blower with some smaller turbos but the upper rpm power would be sacrificed.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Well, the theory is that a TT with larger turbos take longer to spool and therefore create a good amount of lag. To allow for the larger turbos and eliminate the lag, some go with the roots style blower in addition since the twin screw is a complete torque monster and thereby eliminating the turbo lag. The turbo lag could obviously be eliminated, or close to, without the use of a roots blower with some smaller turbos but the upper rpm power would be sacrificed.

Horrible theory. The blower is doing nothing but restricting the flow of the larger turbos. If you're worried about lag, go with properly matched turbos, and lose the blower. Otherwise you can shove twin 80s on there and still make 1000hp at the flywheel (this is assuming a large twin screw).
Properly matched or smaller turbos alone would still make more top end than a twin screw as well.

Fourcam330

Established Member

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
Back at you....That's great and all but 1100rw is attainable with a single turbo, twin turbos, or a large centrifugal blower.

I understand that and also agree. I am not arguing with you about this. I am telling you why some people have decided to do a TT w/ blower. You did not understand "how it would work" and I responded in an attempt to educate you on it. That's it. If you don't agree with it then fine but at least you can now understand why some people venture down that path.

Additionally, the scenarios you offer also obtain very different driving results absent the dyno #s. Remember that even though two cars may have high horsepower with different style power adders, they will also drive very different.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
I understand that and also agree. I am not arguing with you about this. I am telling you why some people have decided to do a TT w/ blower. You did not understand "how it would work" and I responded in an attempt to educate you on it. That's it. If you don't agree with it then fine but at least you can now understand why some people venture down that path.

Additionally, the scenarios you offer also obtain very different driving results absent the dyno #s. Remember that even though two cars may have high horsepower with different style power adders, they will also drive very different.

I understand the concept however I still don't agree with it.
I wasn't arguing with you either but there's really no point to the combination of a blower + turbo(s) unless you're into car show excess. The quickest/fastest rides in the world are all either blown or turbo'd (mostly turbo'd).

Users who are viewing this thread