Ford keeps jacking around with me

91mini

Hope to get an 05 soon
Established Member
I have the X-plan through work and none of the dealers with give it to me for invoice or close to invoice price like the X-Plan states. OK that's fine. I understand it's a hot car and they don't want to loose money.

Here is the problem though: one dealer says whatever Ford.com says thats what I will give it to you for. Another gives no deals and adds adjusted market value, undercoating, and clearcoat protectant :bs: One dealer even told me that ordering one from the factory with the options I want is not a possibility because of production schedules then another says no problem to order and I can expect delivery in no longer than 3 months. What the hell gives? Fords website for x-plan people shows the mustang as an example of how the x-plan works. It states that a V-6 mustang that sells for $21,980 X-Plan gets it for $20,451. I'm pissed at the dealers and their new hot car! :fm:

DougT

Established Member
Why even Bother with the Headache? Just go order One and Go to a Dealer in another state If you have to. Besides whats the Rush it's Only 3 Months Or less and You can Order the Options and Color you want.

Coiled-up-GT

Careful with the Eyes...
Established Member
there's a beautiful black '05 gt 5 speed dark leather interior for 26k here in lubbock county. the salesman told me that there was no markup. my brother in missouri also told me that they are not marking them up and that i could get an x plan and buy the car for 25k. who knows...

91mini

Hope to get an 05 soon
Established Member
SVTgraham said:
where do you work?

Cintas

DougT said:
Why even Bother with the Headache? Just go order One and Go to a Dealer in another state If you have to. Besides whats the Rush it's Only 3 Months Or less and You can Order the Options and Color you want.

I want to order it and wait three months but the dealer's tell me they can't even order them right now. They are just trying to get me to buy the ones on the lot so they can make more money and not offer me the X-Plan. I have a friend at a Chevy dealership which also owns the Ford dealership so I am going to talk to him tomorrow. I already called him and he asked his sales manager and he said that I will get it for the X-plan amount. :banana: So hopefully that works out!

Coiled-up-GT said:
there's a beautiful black '05 gt 5 speed dark leather interior for 26k here in lubbock county. the salesman told me that there was no markup. my brother in missouri also told me that they are not marking them up and that i could get an x plan and buy the car for 25k. who knows...

That's what I want to do with the x-plan!

a64armt

Established Member
It is just like everything else that's "new and cool". Wait a few months, and you will have your pick of dozens on almost every dealer's lot. When the new F-150's came out, dealers acted like they had the best and most sought after vehicle in the world. A few months ago, Ford was offering dealer incentives on top of rebates and 0% financing because they wern't moving off the lots.

As a whole, automobile manufacturers and dealers over inflate the prices of vehicles so they can offer "incentives" and lure buyers in with bait like Rebates and 0% financing. The beauty for the manufacturer is, the higher the "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices" go, the more banks and financial institutions will finance and the longer the loan terms go. Eventually, the inflated pricing or valuing on goods including automobiles, homes, etc., combined with lengthy financing, and an over extended public (financially) will lead to serious economic problems, and possibly a crash. Our economy as a whole is a train wreck waiting to occur.

I know you were just here venting about a greedy dealer. I didn't mean to change the subject.

My advice. Wait. Wait until there are models on the lot, and then break out your X-plan pin. The same happened to me when I wanted to buy the "Hot, New SVT Focus". The dealer didn't want to talk X-Plan, and wanted to charge me $26,000! Six months later, I bought the bright red one from inside the dealership showroom for $17,000. Use the money you will save on aftermarket or speed parts.

Just my Opinon.

Good Luck.
Vincent

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Some of the first orders were allowed x-plan, untill dealers realized having one on a lot is damn near impossible. Pretty much any metro dealer will not honor it now, there are about 50 customers for every available car. You should have no problems getting an 04 on x-plan though.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
1995COBRA-R said:
You can order one today with the options and color you want. Don't pay over $25K for a GT.

Gt deluxe maual with cloth and std abs/traction control MSRP's at $24,990 including destination. It took 23 years for the last platform to need a rebate.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
KevinB120 said:
Gt deluxe maual with cloth and std abs/traction control MSRP's at $24,990 including destination. It took 23 years for the last platform to need a rebate.

I like the GT premium with the interior upgrade. It MSRP's at $26,780. Don't pay more than $25K for it. Did you include the $625 dest and deliv in your price? If so, you should buy the deluxe car for $23.5K +/-.

DougT

Established Member
Ok, I went ahead and Ordered Mine Today. Screaming Yellow Premium GT,Manual tranny, Rear spoiler Delete,Interior Upgrade, Active Anti-theft and Thats It.As Long as I have It By April Im cool with that.

DougT

Established Member
A2V2NV said:
How much of did they take off on the spoiler delete? Too bad they won't do fog lamps delete! (imho...)

joe

Actually it Shows Nothing on my Build Sheet(dora),But I have a Fleet Account Number so I already Get It at Invoice Minus Fleet Incentive. Which I dont Know as Of yet.When i know I will Post something ,Invoice is Showing $24,742.00. I hate the Wing and Any Other wing for that Matter. The Fog Lights I like them Because It Gives It a Look of its Own.

91mini

Hope to get an 05 soon
Established Member
DougT said:
Actually it Shows Nothing on my Build Sheet(dora),But I have a Fleet Account Number so I already Get It at Invoice Minus Fleet Incentive. Which I dont Know as Of yet.When i know I will Post something ,Invoice is Showing $24,742.00. I hate the Wing and Any Other wing for that Matter. The Fog Lights I like them Because It Gives It a Look of its Own.

Spoiler delete does not save you anything. They just take it off. BTW I finally got a dealership to take the X-plan and I now have my 05 ordered. Paid $24,447 before T,T, and L.

A2V2NV

Established Member
They got one on the floor here at Minot, North Dakota (redfire-YUK!), I'll go check what they're selling it for as a reference for you guys......

joe

Users who are viewing this thread