Ford kills the adrenalin and GT

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
This is not new news for the GT. It always was planned to end this year. But the Adrenalin...well that sucks. I was interested in that car. Look out Ford and GM...that feeling behind you is Dodge coming after you hard. Their SRT division is strong and getting stronger.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
03 svtvenom said:
I was really looking forward to the Adrenalin.

Yep, we had already made plans to trade my wife's car in on it....Looks like it will be an SRT8 Cherokee now.

-Jeff

Blaine

Established Member
Ford threw in the towel. :( And now GM rules the sports car relm in the US. :bowdown: With Dodge nipping at their heels. Ford needs to do something with the new Cobra or forever be in the Z06's Shadow. (Like a Diet)

Ford needs to pull their heads out of their A@#es. :bash: Of course I believe the Adrenalin was a financial BAD idea. Sports Car SUV's!!!!! DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB. It don't take a GED to figure that out. Gas prices right now average 2.50.

HISSMAN said:
Yep, we had already made plans to trade my wife's car in on it....Looks like it will be an SRT8 Cherokee now.

-Jeff

The SRT Jeep Cherokee GETS 8MPG city and 12 MPG Highway and costs about 50K!!!! Thats not even a logical vehicle. If your getting 8 MPG you better have 1000 HP. You better elect for the gas tank towing option with the 100 GAllon fuel tank towed behind. :smmon:
Quote me on this. Gas prices will be on the rise very soon (Try late summer!)which will spell doom to any RETARD auto manufacturer who depends on the SUV for sales without hybrid technology at the least. Anybody watch the news in the Middleeast besides me? :read: Put two and two together 7 trillion war budget + IRAN (Wants nukes) & Palestine(Ruled by a terrorist group) problems = VERY VERY VERY high gas problems in the future. *Thats your heads up*

The ethenal & hybrid vehicles are the key to saving the big 3. AND DODGE is way behind on that race. Toyota seems to know whats going on.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The SRT8 is just under 40K at about $39,900, nowhere near 50K, and it will get much better fuel mileage than what you listed. Where did you get your info, the enquirer?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It will get about 12 City, and 15 Highway. Which is fine with me. You have to pay to play.

-Jeff

Blaine

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
It will get about 12 City, and 15 Highway. Which is fine with me. You have to pay to play.

-Jeff

I though I saw 8 MPG on the factory sticker on the Detriot auto show in STL this year, but I stand corrected.

"we averaged just 11.7 mpg (against EPA ratings of 12 city/15 highway) during our 600 miles with the SRT8"

Still 12 pretty crappy. Especially when gas hits $4-$5 a gallon. And that quote of 12 MPG is driving REALLY slow in the best case scenerio.

Its your money. :beer: Guess its what you pay for SUV bragging rights. :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread