Ford lives up to the name BUILT FORD TOUGH...

ludac2k1

CoBrA C-Mo
Established Member
Ford lives up to its name "Built Ford Tough" in my book... check out what bad luck i had this past weeked. On my way back from the shop that i dropped the stang off at earlier that week, it starts to rain heavily.. just left the shop and id say had been driven ten minutes.. i never drive in the rain because of the wonderful bfgoodrich drag radials i have and they really arent ment for the water you know... so im drivin on the highway and the speed limit is 70.. but im doin 45 50.... then in a split second( i blinked) my car (hydraplaned)is sideways on the inside lane of the freeway headed toward a cement barrier about 20 yrds away... luckily i was the only one in the car so all i thought about was dont FU*K UP the car chris....so i turn into the spin.. so i would avoid my gas tank slammin into the barrier...go off into the grass and mud and the car does a complete circle.. and i have to spin my head around to steer out the back window while spinning .. i get straight agian and my only option at this point is head for other cement barrier and risk my car or i will end up on oncoming traffic and the trafic is comin downhil towards me.. so i slam the corner of my bumper at 15 to 20 mph into the cemeant barrier and slide for about five feet on that... scariest shit in my life... i got out in the rain to see my baby and all that i could see is my front clip cracked.. so i bein the smart one i am.. back my car up through the thick ass mud and i do not kno how i didnt get stuck... jumped back on the highway ... got all the mud off the tires... the wheel alignment seemed fine.. everything seemed ok on the long drive back.. got to the body shop..look my car over again and u will see the damage below... i cant beleive that after all that it went through... thank God just the front bumper... o and there wasnt a sratch on me... lol thank God for that too... just though id share it with you guys..shit i needed a new front clip anyway .. had a lil chip in it and alll that little specs og bug ass that u can never seem to get off lol.. but other then that looks like itll be back within the week...:banana: :beer:

This is how far i slid... ended up where my friends are standing
crash108.jpg

Thats the barrier i was heading for at first , sideways at 50mph
crash102.jpg

My tracks fro spinning
crash104.jpg

This is how close i came to ending up on oncoming traffic.. you can see the mud where my tire came up on the cement.. i turned the wheel just in time
crash105.jpg

that where i hit going 15 to 20 mph and hopped up on the cement and stalled.. i sled against the cement barrier for like 5 ft.
crash106.jpg

and here is all the damge.
crash131.jpg

crash130.jpg

crash128.jpg

crash132.jpg

soon it will be back to this..
mycaratshow.jpg

Last edited:

ludac2k1

CoBrA C-Mo
Established Member
G2Mach1 said:
glad you are alright! these cars hydroplane too easily... always have!

if i didnt have my drag radials on all the time it wouldnt have happend..i never drive in in the rain.. and when i pick it up it decides to rain on me... damn

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Another reason DR's stay off my car for the street... especially since the wife drives it. Glad to hear you're okay, but :( about the snake. Good luck with the repairs.

ludac2k1

CoBrA C-Mo
Established Member
grimreefer said:
Another reason DR's stay off my car for the street... especially since the wife drives it. Glad to hear you're okay, but :( about the snake. Good luck with the repairs.

ya sometimes u learn it the hardway .. the bad things is i knew they had no traction in the rain just wanted my car home lol. definitely i am glad my girlfriend wasnt driving.. even though she was lik 3 cars ahaead of me in her 03 cobra.. she didnt see it happen luckly .. i kno she would have freaked

Users who are viewing this thread