Ford Mgt. read this

jshen

Established Member
This is not a bitch complaint but a concern of mine that Ford is facing bankruptcy yet Ford produces cars that people want...but your dealers are socking it to customers for ADMs that are not warranted! Why not simply open the flood gates to GT500s and let the customers buy? Why not also create a Fusion GT with a supercharged 3.5 and surpass the competition? Make it rear wheel drive and give Lexus IS350 and Infinity G a run for their money...You have the resources to do so...yet Mgt is lost...

I have been a follower of Ford products and in my waining years want to see Ford do well. However, new mgt must see what dealers are doing and stop this nonsense..

I, like a lot like me, want a GT500 but at a senseable price..So Ford..it's up to you

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Not that I agree with it, but, the big ADMs have gotten Ford a lot of attention. They are in favor of it.

CGoeschel

Established Member
With the GT500's only being about less than 1% of the production, do you really think this is why Ford is not doing well??? Ford Credit, and most other markets (besides North America) were profitable last year....

Last edited:

Ryan02Stang

Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
Not that I agree with it, but, the big ADMs have gotten Ford a lot of attention. They are in favor of it.
Attention doesn't impress Wall Street. Ford needs profit, and producing more GT500's will yield profit. People will pay MSRP for a GT500 all day long.

Ford management better turn things around, or it will be bankrupt sooner than later...

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
Ryan02Stang said:
Attention doesn't impress Wall Street. Ford needs profit, and producing more GT500's will yield profit. People will pay MSRP for a GT500 all day long.

Ford management better turn things around, or it will be bankrupt sooner than later...

I agree. Wy not MSRP? You would think FORD would like to make some money. Greedy dealers are scaring buyers away.

95Proof

Established Member
I don't think ford hangs its recovery hopes on the profit made from 10,000 special edition mustangs. What they need to be more worried about is the Image the dealerships are projecting with there ADM's and holy than thou attitudes when dealing with their golden calf known as the GT 500. " That car is an instant classic, ultra rare, limited edition,..... don't touch it , you can't afford it - here - buy this fusion or maybe this explorer.... .

manOwar

Established Member
Ford sells to the dealers, they are getting their money. It will be the dealers buying other dealers allotments and jacking up the ADM's that will be losing.

Evileyes

Established Member
jshen said:
This is not a bitch complaint but a concern of mine that Ford is facing bankruptcy yet Ford produces cars that people want...but your dealers are socking it to customers for ADMs that are not warranted! Why not simply open the flood gates to GT500s and let the customers buy? Why not also create a Fusion GT with a supercharged 3.5 and surpass the competition? Make it rear wheel drive and give Lexus IS350 and Infinity G a run for their money...You have the resources to do so...yet Mgt is lost...

I have been a follower of Ford products and in my waining years want to see Ford do well. However, new mgt must see what dealers are doing and stop this nonsense..

I, like a lot like me, want a GT500 but at a senseable price..So Ford..it's up to you

Screw Ford and take your money else where. Ford is Way behind on design and inovation. Other makers have better designs, warranties, service........They are getting what they deserve, losing an ass load of cash. Oh yeah, and the dealerships suck ass too.

:cuss:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Ryan02Stang said:

Attention = advertising. Advertising = sales (even of the other products).

Brand image is what the GT500 is all about. Why do you think they advertise the crap out of it? It isn't to sell more GT500s. They sell themselves. Ford needs to improve its brand image and sell more mainstream vehicles to survive. As 95proof said, 10,000 Mustangs are not going to recover Ford.

I agree that the dealers are scaring a few buyers away by being jackasses. Unfortunately, Ford can't police or control that. If a specific dealership has a problem, we need to write Ford Customer service and tell them about it. IF they get enough complaints, then maybe they could do something. I'd like to see them take away their GT500 allotment after a certain number of complaints.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
+1^^^^

The GT500's just get the customers into the showrooms. Then the customers realize that it's not the car they want and end up with a fusion, 500, etc...

jshen

Established Member
Fusion

Personally I like the looks of the Fusion but Ford needs what everyone else is making..a rear wheel drive/AWD small sport sedan platform... to compete and surpass the IS or Infinty G. A 3.5 supercharged would do well.

I will wait on the Shelby's price coming down..then buy. However fi it doesn't ?..I love my Cobra...and will keep it.

chuckstang

Established Member
wals9331 said:
+1^^^^

The GT500's just get the customers into the showrooms. Then the customers realize that it's not the car they want and end up with a fusion, 500, etc...

Um someone that wants a gt500 is not going to walk out with an exploerer or 500 or fusion. Perhaps a GT Mustang but I think you are stretching the ol imagination just a wee bit much.
The gt500 is not a transportation car like the others you mentioned.

bluestreak89

Established Member
Ford needs to design better car (exc. the GT500) the 500 sucks. They should just scrap it. I guess they can sel enough by selling them to rental car companies and as business fleet cars but no one wants those things.

Ford has always been able to sell trucks and who cant in the USA? THe Explorer and Expedition need some updating to compete with the Navigators, QX's, Escalades etc.

You can say all you want but the fact remains that Ford is pissing away some of it's faithful customers which is definitely not what they need right now.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
chuckstang said:
Um someone that wants a gt500 is not going to walk out with an exploerer or 500 or fusion. Perhaps a GT Mustang but I think you are stretching the ol imagination just a wee bit much.
I understand what you are saying, but, this does happen. A guy wants a GT500 real bad, he goes and looks at them. Sits down to look over the affordability, decides he can't afford the GT500, but, realizes his family needs a new SUV and he really likes the Expedition he saw when he was at the dealership. It is no GT500, but, it is still a really nice new vehicle to satisfy his "I want a new toy" urge. Or they may end up with a new Mustang GT that they put a few of the FRPP parts on. Ford wins again.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
THe Explorer and Expedition need some updating to compete with the Navigators, QX's, Escalades etc.
I looked at and drove an Eddie Bauer Expedition EL a few weeks ago. It was damn nice.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
chuckstang said:

Ford has cars like the GT500 to get people in the dealership....are you saying that this ISN'T a true statement?!?!

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
I understand what you are saying, but, this does happen. A guy wants a GT500 real bad, he goes and looks at them. Sits down to look over the affordability, decides he can't afford the GT500, but, realizes his family needs a new SUV and he really likes the Expedition he saw when he was at the dealership. It is no GT500, but, it is still a really nice new vehicle to satisfy his "I want a new toy" urge. Or they may end up with a new Mustang GT that they put a few of the FRPP parts on. Ford wins again.

EXACTLY!!! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread