Ford Performance Shelby GT350R Rear Seat Kit

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 Shelby GT350R Rear Seat Kit Featured.jpg
Have a Seat
Ford Performance offers a new kit that puts a rear seat in your GT350R
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ford Performance

When it comes to dream cars, the Ford Performance Shelby GT350R is the real deal. It was recently anointed Performance Car of the Year by one of the old-guard buff books, and it definitely deserves the accolades. If you’ve dreamed of owning one of these cars, you have no doubt spent some time dreaming about how you would configure your R-model.
Continue reading →

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
"So if you want a Shelby GT350R with all the creature comforts, Ford Performance has your back (seat)."

nice.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Give them Ying and they want Yang. Give them Yang and they want Ying.

Crazy.

EditorTurner

Established Member
Choices are a great thing, Tob. :)

At the end of the day, it's still a street car. Seems crazier to me to race a $70,000 street car than it does to put a rear seat in one, but that's the beauty of a free-market economy.

bpmurr

Established Member
So do they also offer a package to delete the rear seats from the regular GT350?

EditorTurner

Established Member
I don’t think Ford Performance Parts offers it yet, but I'm pretty you can order the stock R delete from a dealer, as I recall people mentioning how expensive it was...

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Yup haha. 99% of guys on here don't ever let anyone sit in the backseat. Or say nobody can fit. Then they want to put a rear seat in a car that doesn't have or need one.

It's always the same with painted parts vs black. Give a car black mirrors or hood vents or spoiler, people will want it painted to match. Make everything body color and people will want 'accent' black parts.

Last edited:

socalaviator

Does anyone know if the seat-delete area in the back of the 350R has fold-down capability? Being able to fit snowboards or skis in the trunk would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread