Ford Performance Vehicles

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah wish that was the PP2 GT to see how it stacks up against the GT350

Going to be a lot closer than current GT350/r owners want/expect. Then again, a fully optioned '18 costs almost as much as a GT350 so.... ?

Cant wait to see some independent track testing of the 2...

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I wouldn't/couldn't own a Supercab truck. I've had them before and it never failed, anytime I went to the grocery store, someone would always park right next to me so it was a pain to get groceries in the backseat.

That's why you park way out in BFE, so no one will park next to you. ;)

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
That wasn't even a PP1 Mustang. We'll see once the PP2 is tested, but I expect it to run pretty close with a GT350.

After poking around, the UK Mustang GT comes stock with the PP1 package, or part of it. It's also appears it's rated at lower power (444hp instead of 460). Regardless, the PP2 should put up a much better fight.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
After poking around, the UK Mustang GT comes stock with the PP1 package, or part of it. It's also appears it's rated at lower power (444hp instead of 460). Regardless, the PP2 should put up a much better fight.

The tires alone will make a significant difference.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
They rate HP differently across the pond.

Ours is rated with drive accessories removed, theirs includes them.

Focus RS is 345 over there and 350 here respectively.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
No they're not. That was outlawed in 1971.
I just looked it up.

You're right. My bad.

We had a Ford engineer on the RS forum who told us there was no difference between the engines and tuning from across the pond. It must have been speculation from others that suggested that. Should have dug deeper.

Their testing setup must differ a bit from ours.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I wouldn't/couldn't own a Supercab truck. I've had them before and it never failed, anytime I went to the grocery store, someone would always park right next to me so it was a pain to get groceries in the backseat.

I always park away from other cars, way out, just out of habit. I've had a Supercab for 6 years, even with 2 boys it's simply no problem.

Too many people think they 'need' a full 4 door truck.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I always park away from other cars, way out, just out of habit. I've had a Supercab for 6 years, even with 2 boys it's simply no problem.

Too many people think they 'need' a full 4 door truck.

And as great as a Raptor is, the crew cab is the size of an F250. Just too big IMHO to be fun. The SC would be the truck to do shenanigans in.

Users who are viewing this thread