Ford projecting a mere $3bn loss on EVs this year

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Ford continues to eat shit on its EV effort. The Mach E is turning out to be an even greater disaster than I imagined. It will be interesting to see how they extricate themselves form this mess.
Not that I am but if I were in the market for an EV, I would look no further than hitting add to cart on the Tesla website. Not only do I think it's the better buy, but it also gets me out of having to step on a dealer lot.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Not that I am but if I were in the market for an EV, I would look no further than hitting add to cart on the Tesla website. Not only do I think it's the better buy, but it also gets me out of having to step on a dealer lot.

You can use the Tesla superchargjng network, too.

I legit don't understand why anyone would buy a Mach E. It is an objectively worse product in every way.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
You can use the Tesla superchargjng network, too.

I legit don't understand why anyone would buy a Mach E. It is an objectively worse product in every way.
Exactly. Ford will need to undercut Tesla big time to make a mach e more attractive to potential buyers. However, even if that happens, the slimy dealer network will still put ADM's + junk fees on them. The dealers will be the nail in the coffin for Ford down the road.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Yes, but you gotta be a dumbass to do that right now also.

The market is absolutely flooded with sub 20k mile Teslas.

You can get a low-mile, very nice Model 3 Performance for $40k with little effort.

Users who are viewing this thread