Ford Racing 8.8 Rear End Girdle Cover Clearance

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
For our solid 8.8 Ford offered two versions of the Ford Motorsport/Racing rear axle girdle cover.

The original SVO version was very bulky and it hit the spare tire well on the SN95. This was the part number ending with G1.

Then, they came out with the Ford Racing version and the G2 part number. Ford claimed it didn't require the same depth but didn't come out an say it WOULD clear the spare tire well.

Has anyone installed the G2 version in a solid axle SN95 and did it clear?

Thank you, Tom

Mark99GT

Established Member
I think the Ford Racing version (and others) is the one made by TA Performance. I did a lot of searching before I chose mine. Never heard a complaint about it hitting the spare tire well. The questions were all about clearance for sway bars and panhard bars. I went with the LPW racing (in black) when I had my gears done last week as it looked to have the lowest profile/best clearance. Here's a pic of it, and I also see I'm leaking gear oil....wtf....

LPW cover.jpg

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
That's the FRPP low profile one. I always thought they were redesigned to clear the Panhard on the S197.
I would assume they clear the SN95 spare tire well. I can confirm the LPW girdle clears everything including my MM PHB.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes.

FMS-M-4033-G2 will have clearance for the spare tire well, MM Panhard Bar, adj. anti-roll bar, and Torque Arm.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Only thing ive ever had hit the spare tire well was the factory pinion snubber after i lowered my car. Every decent bump in the road and it made contact. MM snubber fixed that. My FR low profile cover fits perfectly.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Yes.

FMS-M-4033-G2 will have clearance for the spare tire well, MM Panhard Bar, adj. anti-roll bar, and Torque Arm.
I had the G2 cover on my old car. Cleared the Griggs setup (Panhard and TQ arm) on it as well and didnt touch the spare tire well.

Users who are viewing this thread