Ford Racing "Innovation Drive"

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
did anyone else get an invitation to this?

Aug 19th on Belle Isle....

Last edited:

quad

Established Member
JB,

I got an invitation via email. I called them up today and reserved a place for 6 people. If anyone needs a spot, let me know. I'll be there from 1:30-6:00 pm. I might have a friend or two coming with me but am not yet sure if they all can make it.

MysticBob

Established Member
Yep, I did... I'm going at 10:30am. I still can't tell if we get to drive the 2005 around the track... One note said we can, the other said we cannot.

Anyone know for sure?

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I thought we got to drive the 05 around the track according to the website. It said it was on display only at the other shows, but the car is now ready, and for every show from now on it doesn't say display only next to the event. So I thought that meant we get to drive it.

quad

Established Member
When I called to make my reservation the girl on the line said they will have a couple of 05's there. I'm not sure how reliable that info is so we will just have to wait and see...

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I spoke at length with them and was assured that we will be able to drive an '05 on the track.... :coolman: :burnout:

Doug and I will be getting there around 1-2 pm

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
yep, I went, it sucked. Only 30 seconds in the mustang, but I did get to chirp 2nd gear.

The car had a really light clutch, with a short travel distance, and a really light shifter as well. Just felt too light for me.

Car wasn't as fast as i'd hoped it would be.

Users who are viewing this thread