Ford Racing K springs review.

acrbill

Established Member
So I had my local dealer install my Ford Racing "K" springs which give the car a 1.5" drop front and rear. They charged me 3 hours of labor plus a front wheel alignment.

The stance is absolutely perfect. I tossed on a set of 19" wheels at the same time which really set the whole package off.

I have a steep driveway apron and I was worried that the car would scrape. My old 07 Mustang would actually hang up on the pinch welds if I backed straight into the driveway. I also had a slammed srt-4 that would hang up on the exhaust and scrape the front pretty good . I am happy to report that if I take an angle I can get into and out of the driveway with no scraping at all.

The ride..... well that leaves a lot to be desired LOL. It is stiff and God forbid you hit a bump or dip in the road because you will be launched into the headliner. I am having the famous clutch issues now so I have not been able to hit any curves yet.

One other note is that you will most likely need an adjustable panhard bar as my wheels are shifted nearly a half inch off center.

Here is a pic of the new stance.

nw2.jpg

acrbill

Established Member
this car will def be leaving the ride height alone, i like the weight transfer the way it is

That is interesting coming from a guy who seems to have an awful lot of vanity driven mods.

Once it warms up and my trans issue gets sorted out I will try launching the car and see how it reacts.

Lowering the car also decreases the frontal area of the car which will help on the top end.

grnenvy

Established Member
Not to sound like a downer but if you need to change shocks and struts to fix a bad ride after a spring install there must be something wrong. I'm running the Steeda Sport springs the ride is great and I don't bottom out on anything. My budy put the K springs in his car and took them out the same day.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
i might try these

ROUSH Performance: Ford Mustang Extreme Lowering Spring Kit

Lowers your 2005-2011 Mustang 1" in the front and 1.25" in the rear
Includes a set of rear jounce bumpers
Recommended for use with stock Mustang shocks and struts
Includes four springs, two for the front and two for the rear
Recommended that this kit be used with ROUSH® wheels
Not recommended for ROUSHcharged™ vehicles
Kits that lower your vehicle while also providing big improvements in handling performance include the ROUSH Stage 3 Suspension Kit (part #401761) for ROUSHcharged™ applications and the Complete Mustang Suspension Kit (#401296) for non-ROUSHcharged™ applications
Part #402331

cobra1718

Established Member
anybody with K springs every hit the bumpstop? I just changed the rear shocks to the Koni and even changed out the stock bumpstop. On good size dip or bump it hits in the rear. Any feedback. And yeah I know I can change springs

grnenvy

Established Member
Hey

If you don't want to change springs and want to raise the rear about a half inch I can help. Go buy 2 more spring insulators from Ford it's the rubber piece that sits between the spring and the body at the top of the spring tower. (Part no.5R3Z-5586-AA ) It will stop your car from hitting the stops. I cut the center piece out and laid it right over the other insulator worked great and it won't slid out. I take my 2 kids in my car alot and with the added weight the car sat a little lower it was needed and now it's perfect! :banana:
You can cut your factory bump stops. Part no. 5R3Z-5K570-AA

anybody with K springs every hit the bumpstop? I just changed the rear shocks to the Koni and even changed out the stock bumpstop. On good size dip or bump it hits in the rear. Any feedback. And yeah I know I can change springs

acrbill

Established Member
I installed the shorter Ford bumpstops at the same time as the springs. It has only bottomed out once and the bounciness has dropped to a bearable level.

The good outweighs the bad with these springs. At some point I will install some adjustable shocks/struts/

cobra1718

Established Member
I installed the shorter Ford bumpstops at the same time as the springs. It has only bottomed out once and the bounciness has dropped to a bearable level.

The good outweighs the bad with these springs. At some point I will install some adjustable shocks/struts/
I installed the new bumpstop. It doesnt look much shorter. My next step is cutting some of the bumpstop off the top. Oh I changed to the STR koni shocks so the ride is much better

ViciousJay

Established Member
That is interesting coming from a guy who seems to have an awful lot of vanity driven mods.

Once it warms up and my trans issue gets sorted out I will try launching the car and see how it reacts.

Lowering the car also decreases the frontal area of the car which will help on the top end.

good luck on those chicago streets

Users who are viewing this thread