Ford Racing Mufflers - Touring or Sport?

KRS

Established Member
My 2011 is just a little too quiet so I'm looking at the Ford Racing mufflers. It's between the Touring and the Sport, everything else on my exhaust is stock. I don't like a raspy sound, I've listened to some sound clips but that really didn't help. Looking for some input on these two mufflers.

barspen

Established Member
I ran the FRPP Sport muffles for about a week (rest of the system was stock) before the drone almost made we loose my mind. They did sound good at WOT and the polished tips look nice, but they were too quiet at start up and the drone hit between 1800-2100. Any popping, snarling, etc. on downshift\deceleration was gone too.

I know lots of folks run Borla Sport and Touring and love them, so not sure if the FRPP variety are made differently.

KRS

Established Member
I ran the FRPP Sport muffles for about a week (rest of the system was stock) before the drone almost made we loose my mind.

Good to know about the drone, the Sport are off the list now! I guess another option would be the FRPP Boss side pipes which is see you have in your sig. How do you like them?

Last edited:

barspen

Established Member
Good to know about the drone, the Sport are off the list now.

I guess another option would be the FRPP Boss side pipes.

i run the Boss side pipe kit now. Absolutely love the volume and tone.

KRS

Established Member
Does anyone else have any input/opinions on the Ford Racing Touring, Sport, or Side Pipe exhausts?

builttodrive

Established Member
I have the ford racing SVT1 axle backs on my 07 and really like them. I have two relatives that have 11's and they left the stock mufflers but replaced the midpipe with an offroad H-pipe and the sound and volume is really nice! I would like to hear it with an X pipe to see what thats like.

sflrainmaker01

Established Member
I have the ford racing SVT1 axle backs on my 07 and really like them. I have two relatives that have 11's and they left the stock mufflers but replaced the midpipe with an offroad H-pipe and the sound and volume is really nice! I would like to hear it with an X pipe to see what thats like.
I was wondering how the 2011 would sound with the stock mufflers and either an X pipe or H pipe. Would they happen to have a sound clip?

Users who are viewing this thread