Ford Racing Power Upgrade Package Update #'s

DIB5.0

Established Member
Below is the data on the 2 kits M-FR1-MGTB and M-9603-MGTB.

Calibrations will be ready for release next week. Notice the torque improvement at 1,500 RPM.

M-FR1-MGTB MUSTANG GT POWER UPGRADE PACKAGE
MSRP: $749.00

Fits 2011 Mustang GT with automatic or manual transmission. For 2005-2009 Mustang GT see M-FR1-MGT, for 2010 Mustang GT see M-FR1-MGTA

Approximate increase of 16 hp / 7 lb-ft and up to 60 lb-ft at 1500 rpm on 93 octane fuel

Eliminates "skip-shift" on manual transmission applications

Kit includes:
Ford Racing ProCal tool with performance calibration for significantly improved throttle response and performance feel
2011 Mustang GT High Flow K&N / Ford Racing Air Filter With Performance Calibration M-9603-MGTB
2011 Mustang GT - SVT Muffler Kit (50 State) M-5230-MGTCA1
Performance Oil Filter CM-6731-FL820
Premium (91 octane or higher) fuel only
Due to multiple powertrain calibrations, online registration is required to receive ProCal calibration delivery tool after purchase.
Ford Racing does not ship ProCal tools directly overseas. Customers must make special arrangements with their Ford Racing Distributor.
Powertrain calibrations are developed and supported for U.S. and Canadian vehicles only
Unlike our competitors, all Ford Racing Power Upgrade Packages are 50 state emissions legal and eligible for limited warranty when installed by a Ford or Lincoln-Mercury Dealer
Federal and state laws prohibit any person from installing aftermarket add-on or modified parts prior to the sale of a new motor vehicle

Driver72

Established Member
Yeah I read this on the FRPP website a week or so ago when I ordered my springs, but was not impressed with their tune numbers. I have a feeling those are conservative anyway, but I also know the tune will be conservative as it's warrantied.

kingnut

Established Member
i have a problem charging for a tune that should have came with the 2011 GT anyway. 60ft lbs at 1500 rpms... do you really think they missed that in the R&D before the car was released.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
i have a problem charging for a tune that should have came with the 2011 GT anyway. 60ft lbs at 1500 rpms... do you really think they missed that in the R&D before the car was released.

Ford Racing is not constrained by the same metrics on its aftermarket parts as FoMoCo is on its production vehicles.

5.0jake

Established Member
This wont effect the powertrain warranty if installed by Ford service?
Could there be gray area if they thought any of these parts caused failer to the engine?

ghostrider7953

Established Member
FYI

I tried ordering the procal tuner for my 2011 but was told by FRP that it's for manual only. They are working on the tune for the automatic and should be ready in a month.

Users who are viewing this thread