Ford Racing Recaro seats out

GabeMarlin

V8/RWD Fanatic
Established Member
Just found out, maybe I'm behind the curve, that the FRPP Recaro seats are available for preorder at a bunch of places finally. The problem for me is that they're 2500 dollars at the cheapest place I could find and I would still have to get them covered in leather and alcantara. Just letting y'all know. Won't put a link because the place I found isn't a vendor.

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
no way id spend $2500 on seats. but that could just be me. id look at buying some regular recaro's that arnt ford branded.

SVTStampede

Established Member
Wow retail is $3000 and they don't even have the option for leather. That's...hilarious.

alex12gt

Established Member
anyone have a link to how you add aftermarket seats and trick the airbag system ive read a few things on it but dont remember where and a vendor on here seller ciper auto seats.....for $350 for the set you can replace them alot for the price or corbeus ext....just a thought

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
**** that. You can get a good set of aftermarket Recaros or Corbeaus for half of that.

phack

Established Member
Well, I was hoping to get a set of these when they were released. Now...not so much :eek:

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
But will they retain all of the airbag sensors and airbags?

Of course not, or at least not that I know, but I think I can live with the airbag light being illuminated to save $1500.

Or just do what I'm doing and buy a '13 Boss. :banana:

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
But will they retain all of the airbag sensors and airbags?

Of course not, or at least not that I know, but I think I can live with the airbag light being illuminated to save $1500.

Confirmed that the FRPP Recaros have side airbags:
http://forums.themustangsource.com/f813/recaro-question-491573/index2/#post6045667

Anyone else appreciate the irony of posting "I can live with the airbag light being illuminated"...when the reality is you might not live without the airbag...el oh el.

Last edited:

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Confirmed that the FRPP Recaros have side airbags:
Recaro Question - Page 2 - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Anyone else appreciate the irony of posting "I can live with the airbag light being illuminated"...when the reality is you might not live without the airbag...el oh el.

Last time I checked, side air bags were a rather new invention and plenty of people survived accidents before they existed. I also don't go around routinely putting myself into positions where I might need them either. El oh el.

kingnut

Established Member
Last time I checked, side air bags were a rather new invention and plenty of people survived accidents before they existed. I also don't go around routinely putting myself into positions where I might need them either. El oh el.

This. But theres gotta be a way around having the light stay on.

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member

Drive on the street much? By the same short bus leap of logic seat belts and crumple zones are relatively new inventions...

Lawlz...there is a reason for progressively more stringent crash standards. I'm not worried about me, I'm worried about everyone else on the road. Cars are getting heavier every year...these are basically guided missiles. Shit happens.

Last edited:

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Check with your auto insurance company to see what the impact of eliminating safety equipment would be in case of an accident.

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
there is a way to trick the airbags to stay on i just cant remember where in the hell i read it

The steering wheel and passenger SRS SHOULD still work even if you remove the seat SRS.

I assume you meant "trick the ECU to turn seat SRS light off?" Some people have had success using a resistor:
[ame=http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1104496]Installed Aftermarket Seats, airbag light is on, how do i fix it? - NASIOC[/ame]

alex12gt

Established Member
ive also seen people add the passenger side weight sensor to keep the bag on as i said ive read little bits here and there and not sure what does and doesnt work for sure

five0three

big deal
Established Member
i am alive because of side airbags. i believe recaro makes non ford seats with airbags. that price is absolutely insane...

Users who are viewing this thread