ford racing springs installed finally

Leonard 95

Established Member
I finally had time at work to install my ford racing springs. Installation went smooth, very easy, took around 30 minutes for all 4. I measured before and after, fronts drop 3/4 inch, rear dropped 1 1/4 inch. Note, this was me pulling vehicle in my stall, measuring, installing springs and measuring again on ground. It looked like it dropped at least a 1/4 inch lower after driving.

Driving was much improved, its not harsh at all, I can barely notice any difference in harshness. So if anyone is debating, can't get much better than this, nice drop, not to low and not much difference in ride quality.

Before:

After:

Rear fender gap, around 2 fingers:

chuckstang

Established Member
very nice, did you do the alignment?

If so did you use any camber bolt kits, caster camber plates, or steeda strut mounts ?

thx

Leonard 95

Established Member
very nice, did you do the alignment?

If so did you use any camber bolt kits, caster camber plates, or steeda strut mounts ?

thx

Haven't checked my alignment yet, gonna drive it over the weekend and do it nextweek when I get some free time at work. It doesn't look like it will need camber bolts, camber doesn't look that bad by just eyeballing it.

Dave07997S

Established Member
You're going to want to put a couple of hundred miles on it anyway to let the new springs settle before an alignment anyways. Looks good..

Dave

chuckstang

Established Member
Springs really do not settle, that is a myth.

Ask Eibach or anyone, they absolutly should not "settle" or lower any more over time, manufacturers call that "sagging" and they do not want that

On my previous stangs, no settling occured, one had Eibach the other had Steeda springs

smrtasp

Established Member
Looks nice. Did you go with just the springs M-5300-L or did you go with the whole kit FR3SVT with the new dampners and sway bars?

Leonard 95

Established Member
Looks nice. Did you go with just the springs M-5300-L or did you go with the whole kit FR3SVT with the new dampners and sway bars?

Just the springs, my wife would kill me if I got the whole kit. :) No panhard bar either, rear end is straight as could be after drop.

Dave07997S

Established Member
Springs really do not settle, that is a myth.

Ask Eibach or anyone, they absolutly should not "settle" or lower any more over time, manufacturers call that "sagging" and they do not want that

On my previous stangs, no settling occured, one had Eibach the other had Steeda springs

When I bought my Eibach springs for my 04 M3..they specifically told me to wait a few weeks to have the car aligned....:shrug:

Dave

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Those doing springs -

Did you guys reuse the stock lower spring isolators on the fronts?

Leonard 95

Established Member
yea, I resused mine, put the isolator in the same spot on the spring as stock. I think it was about a inch up on the spring.

chuckstang

Established Member
Just so those know, I used the FRPP dampers with the springs and the rear does not lower as much as this, I have a good 3 fingers from tire to fender

Also, I am not sure if this is just because my rear end seems to be shifted slighty to the driver side, but my driver side rear lowered more than my passenger rear by about .25"

I keep my car in my garage which is not level at all, does anyone know if that would have caused this or could it just be because the tire is sticking out farther one side?

I have never lowered a Mustang ever without any issues. Hence why Id have to agree with DBK that a factory built car like the KR is the way to go.

When you put parts on yourself, there is just way too many things that could happen to cause less than 100% satisfaction

hotrodrock

Established Member
Off the topic of your springs, but I noticed your lower side valence is white. Did you have it repainted or find some already white.

Users who are viewing this thread