Ford Racing Video - 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca Edition

Ron 1995 R

Established Member
Ford Racing sent this to me in a newletter email.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KV_1ieY3wI"]YouTube- 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca Mustang[/nomedia]

Boss 302 Laguna Seca is Race-Ready
How do you amp up a performance car package as complete as the new 2012 Mustang Boss 302 – already a street-legal race car in its own right? Pull out everything that doesn’t make it go faster and add in more of what does. The result is the limited-production Laguna Seca package – the ultimate 2012 Boss, named to commemorate the first-place Boss 302 finish at the 1970 Trans-Am series opener.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
that is one cool car..just ugly colors

I agree. I love the LS performance parts, but the colors... eeeeew. I hate the painted wheels and grill opening.

I would rather have a regular Boss, with the addition of LS parts. Even the standard Boss wheels (which look like mini lights) look better than the painted LS wheels, to me at least.

Maybe Ford figures / hopes the LS cars will be raced, and most likely get race wheels installed in place of any factory wheels the car comes with anyway?

Last edited:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
my take is that they wanted the LS cars to have a signature look to them. its almost like they are offering a cobra(boss base) and cobra r(LS edition) and want to be sure there is no visual confusion.

I would happily drive any of the base colors save for the yellow. I am not so sure about the LS. Reading the signs available I am guessing 300 LS models with an allocation lottery and 3k to 6k base models. If thats the case the LS will be hard to buy and almost never seen in the real world, while the base Boss will be a visable marketing tool for Ford/Mustang.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Looking at the Boss 302 LS last weekend I really fell in love with them--kinda like an updated 00R. Rear seat delete, splitter, Recaros and fast.......Still trying to get used to the painted (different color) roof, grille and wheels. I bet 440hp must be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread